Page 1 of 1

Question?

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 2:52 pm
by ranger35
Not to get off subject here, but has anybody played the Third Reich "computer version" from Avalon Hill? What is your opinion of the game? Thanks for any input!

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 3:50 pm
by panda124c
Originally posted by ranger35:
Not to get off subject here, but has anybody played the Third Reich "computer version" from Avalon Hill? What is your opinion of the game? Thanks for any input!
It's off subject, but yes I have played the Demo. It plays just like the board game. AH never really grasp the potential of computer games and had a habit of porting their board games directly to computers, some in basic. If you like the board game you will like the computer game. Oh yea I do like it, it's like an electronic board game.

:cool:

Posted: Fri May 18, 2001 7:11 pm
by kutalik
you can download the complete game I think at the underdogs website:
www.underdogs.org

As far as game play goes well I would give it a 6 or 7 on a scale of 10. The AI is simply not very smart, but if you are a fan of the boardgame and grand strategic WWII games it can have some fun moments (like keeping France from falling or invading neutrals).