Phantom Silent battle Bug... and a few others
Posted: Sat May 19, 2001 9:56 am
Ok now that I have had the chance to play a few games online I’ve noticed a few consistent problems.
First the silent or stealth fire fight. When playing online units may be attacked and even destroyed by my opponent without any feedback to me. In some cases I may have opportunity fire, but nothing happens when I select yes. I had notice this before in ver 4.5 but not nearly to the extent I am experiencing in ver 5.01.
Second the wobbly retreat. It appears on some generated maps that the retreat hexes are not the same on both computers. For example in one scenario I saw two of my Panther Gs retreat west away from the enemy, while my opponent observed them retreat east towards his units. When my opponents turn started he attacked my panthers destroying one and immobilizing the other. The icons for my Panthers then disappeared from the position on my map and reappeared in the position as shown on my opponents map.
Third the save game artillery re-supply. I have observed that in some cases artillery units that were out of ammo when I saved the game, find themselves re-supplied with ammo the next time I load the saved game. A specific example is several units of off-board Nebelwerfers that were out of ammo for several turns before the save game, only to be fully re-supplied when we reloaded.
Finally. In the scenario “The Reduction of Calais” there is an armour car at the bottom right of the map that causes the game to lockup when it is moved north. The unit in question is Unit B1 a Recce Dingo Starting in hex 69,77. The game locks up when the host computer plays the Canadians in a two-player game. It appears that an opportunity fire condition occurs, but the axis player never gets the option to answer yes or no. The allied player just keeps waiting and the op-fire does not time out.
First the silent or stealth fire fight. When playing online units may be attacked and even destroyed by my opponent without any feedback to me. In some cases I may have opportunity fire, but nothing happens when I select yes. I had notice this before in ver 4.5 but not nearly to the extent I am experiencing in ver 5.01.
Second the wobbly retreat. It appears on some generated maps that the retreat hexes are not the same on both computers. For example in one scenario I saw two of my Panther Gs retreat west away from the enemy, while my opponent observed them retreat east towards his units. When my opponents turn started he attacked my panthers destroying one and immobilizing the other. The icons for my Panthers then disappeared from the position on my map and reappeared in the position as shown on my opponents map.
Third the save game artillery re-supply. I have observed that in some cases artillery units that were out of ammo when I saved the game, find themselves re-supplied with ammo the next time I load the saved game. A specific example is several units of off-board Nebelwerfers that were out of ammo for several turns before the save game, only to be fully re-supplied when we reloaded.
Finally. In the scenario “The Reduction of Calais” there is an armour car at the bottom right of the map that causes the game to lockup when it is moved north. The unit in question is Unit B1 a Recce Dingo Starting in hex 69,77. The game locks up when the host computer plays the Canadians in a two-player game. It appears that an opportunity fire condition occurs, but the axis player never gets the option to answer yes or no. The allied player just keeps waiting and the op-fire does not time out.