Page 1 of 1

Weapons and melee.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 1:57 am
by halstein
Hi.
I wonder, have type of weapon any influens on melee outcome? Like if you have Gurkhas, their kukris should do some nasty damage, and sabre armed cavalery too.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 2:12 am
by sven
How about the Japanese Banzai charge? How does that work?
Originally posted by halstein:
Hi.
I wonder, have type of weapon any influens on melee outcome? Like if you have Gurkhas, their kukris should do some nasty damage, and sabre armed cavalery too.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 2:19 am
by Alby
I havnt gotten one to work yet :(

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 7:38 am
by troopie
A question about melee. Is it assumed that every rifle has a bayonet, and that other weapons can be clubbed?

troopie

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 10:23 am
by NateD
How do you get a "melee" to work? I read about em here but don't know how to do em.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 2:36 pm
by halstein
Hi, NateD.
To melee, your infantery must be in the same hex as the enemy. Then press Alt+m. If you have enough shoths left, you will then melee.

See also the last page of the manual, where the hot-keys are listed.

Halstein.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 5:27 pm
by Paul Vebber
Each trooper counts "1" in melee, if you have grenades - you get another "1" and if you are "melee infnatry" (I think by national characteristic - check the manual) you get another "1". TO have full effect you have to passa morale check or "cower". Japanese and Russians if they "banzai charge" or go "berserk" get a bonus roll if they fail the first one. IF you OCwer your melee strength is halved. Flame trowers give you a big bonus too. THe manual describes the process in detail...

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 11:41 pm
by NateD
Thanks guys for responding. I can't get any links for any update to work and am stuck playing V4.4 till my new disk and MC arrive. I can't wait try all the new stuff and get my comments out here!


Thanks again guys!