Page 1 of 1

Lousy Units.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 3:19 am
by halstein
Hi.
I felt like making a little "poll" on what units/equipment you think are really bad in SPWaW/Real World. The stuff should be compared to what was around when it was relatively new. FT-17 for instance was quite good in 1917, but naturaly would suck in 1945, so that would not make it a bad unit. The T-35 on the other hand, could barely cross a puddle when it entered service, and could therefore be seens as bad.
So what do you guys think?

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 6:04 am
by Huffy
Hi...first of, I am nowhere near qualified to say what unit is bad..or good..but I will say this, I think in different time era's have there different effective weapons, more so than others.
I mean you wouldn't compare a P166 comp(although..good about 6 years ago) ,to a 1.5G comp.Both good in their time.
I just pick the era I like to play ,try different units , see what works good against different units.
I know it's not really what you wanted, but just giving my thoughts.
Take care,
Huffy

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 6:05 am
by Huffy
Hi...first of, I am nowhere near qualified to say what unit is bad..or good..but I will say this, I think in different time era's have there different effective weapons, more so than others.
I mean you wouldn't compare a P166 comp(although..good about 6 years ago) ,to a 1.5G comp.Both good in their time.
I just pick the era I like to play ,try different units , see what works good against different units.
I know it's not really what you wanted, but just giving my thoughts.
Take care,
Huffy

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 8:05 pm
by FrankyVas
A green Italian infantry squad. They royally suck. Can't hit, can't rally, can't move, just sit there and get killed.

Also, if fighting tanks, all the Russian light tanks. Against infantry they can be of some use.

Frank V.

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: FrankyVas ]

Posted: Mon May 21, 2001 8:26 pm
by sven
Originally posted by FrankyVas:
A green Italian infantry squad. They royally suck. Can't hit, can't rally, can't move, just sit there and get killed.

Also, if fighting tanks, all the Russian light tanks. Against infantry they can be of some use.

Frank V.

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: FrankyVas ]
Japanese thrust mine sappers.... :)