Page 1 of 1
Am I in the wrong place??
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:11 am
by Airborne Engr
I have version 4.5 and just completed the d/l of the upgrade patch. But I have found a problem. While installing the patch, I get an error regarding a file called vid998.smk. When I did a little looking, I found that "many gamers delete this file thinking they do not need it." I can assure you I have not deleted any files related to SPWaW, as I am pretty computer illiterate. So no I am doing the unsavory task of d/l the file in question. A Whopping 60+ Mb download which is quite an arduous task on a dial-up connection. Soooo....Do I just install this file when I get it then install the upgrade? Help? Thx in advance!
[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Airborne Engr ]
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:55 am
by Figmo
It sounds like you have it figured out. Just make sure it goes in the \snd\stream directory inside the game directory which should be C:\MatrixGames\Steel Panthers World At War\snd\stream\vid998.smk
Figmo
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:59 am
by Supervisor
Yes this is a big problem for many gamers. Go back to the download page and there is a link to download the uncorrupted file. If you've already upgraded, delete the old vid988.smk file and replace it with the new one. The code for ver 5.01 has been rewritten to only accept the new vid988.smk file. Happy gaimng
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:38 am
by Airborne Engr
Thx gamers!
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:41 am
by davidcarrell
O.T but where is Lincoln IL?
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 8:50 am
by tracer
Originally posted by Beaudreaux:
O.T but where is Lincoln IL?
Right
HERE
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 10:02 pm
by jamiep1
It's right near Bloomington/Normal. IL.!!!
Posted: Tue May 22, 2001 10:06 pm
by davidcarrell
Thanks. Must be a hill billy being south of I80
