Page 1 of 1
Lost ground troops
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:48 pm
by Lemurs!
I have lost my first ground unit.
I air transported the 1st airborne rgmt. to Camranh just fine. I started transporting the 2nd.
Just before the 2nd finished transporting i happened to notice the 1st had disapeared.
I know it did arrive. But within a few days it was lost. It is around the 24th Dec.
I checked all ground unit list. Not there.
This is my scen 27. Full campaign.
Play by email. I am Japan.
Mike
reproduce
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:23 pm
by Popoi
see if you can reproduce it when playing head to head against yourself. Try to get a "before" save game, and an "after" save game
RE: reproduce
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:37 pm
by Lemurs!
I am playing Pbem so i cannot play it head to head without quiting the game and getting my opponents password.
The problem is not reproducing it... it seems to be a very random error but a fairly common error. Same happened in Pacwar, and UV. Starting to tick me off.
I am afraid this will never be fixed.
What do i do as the Japanese if i start having divisions disapear? Do we just ignore it? Or start over even though we have played, say, 300 turns?
In frustration,
Mike
frustration
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:07 pm
by Popoi
Yes very frustrating...
Unfortunately, with software, there are no magic wands that can be waved over the code to fix things. Step one towards a fix is to reproduce the error. If you can reproduce it and post the steps for doing so here, i bet the devs can fix it pretty soon.
good catch though.
RE: frustration
Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:30 am
by 2ndACR
Join the club Lemurs. I have already had units disappear in both your 26 Scen and the regular 15. And these losses were by ship transport on 3 AP's loaded as one TF, arrived and unloaded on Tarawa, about 3 days after the unit had been COMPLETELY unloaded the unit vanished. I know the unit had been completely unloaded, because I waited until the AP's were on the return voyage before ever telling the unit to begin airfield construction.
Makes you not trust anything when it happens.