Page 1 of 1

Aiding the AI

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:31 pm
by Thayne
I have seen a few discussions about aiding the AI in order to make a more entertaining game.

I am fairlyheavily invested in my DAR (Thayne News Campaign Reports), and I do have some concerns that some AI glitch will ruin the game for me -- say, 15 months into the game, when I would be loathe to start over.

I read somewhere about a person who suggested going "head to head" for a while -- and running the Japanese and Allies both for a while -- in order to prevent the game-ending AI blunder.

I would like to know if a similar solution would be possible -- to find a temporary PBEM opponent and switch the game to PBEM for a couple of weeks, while a friendly assistant fixes whatever AI blunders have occured.

Would there be any problems with this? If not, I may be interested in soliciting this type of help from time to time for my DAR.

Thayne

RE: Aiding the AI

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:43 pm
by Mr.Frag
Nope, perfectly ok to simply set a computer vs player game to H2H and let someone else correct any issues they see for you.

good idea

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:00 pm
by Popoi
of course you assume that a human won't err :D