Page 1 of 1

artillery spread

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:00 am
by rjinwootton
when using art i tend to have one plattoon of guns targeting one hex and so on....this means i get a lot of surpression in a small area and usually a lot of casualities...[:D]

but this means i cannot supress a large area as i dont have the resources.....[:(]

am wasting my art killing a few enemy units instead of surpressing a lot[&:][&:]

how do other players do it? 1 gun for 1 hex with gaps between? ect any suggestions would be gratefully implemented

RE: artillery spread

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:29 am
by Belisarius
Depends on what you want to achieve. Suppression is definitely what arty is good at. Use it to soften up your enemy before going in, your troops will kill more than the artillery anyway. The only time I use high concentrations is when there's a strong fortification that needs to be suppressed. One tube won't do it.

Looking at it this way, if I was playing you and you massed your arty into a small area, I'd be grateful. [:'(]

Area fire, I usually plot 2-3 hexes apart with mortars, 5-6 for arty batteries.