Page 1 of 1
Korean war scenarios?
Posted: Fri May 25, 2001 6:37 pm
by Timo
After spending a rather pleasant night playing Mig Alley, I am craving for some more "Police Action" operations... Are there any scenarios from the Korean War available or under development? After all, SP:WAW has all(?) required ingendients, at least with some creative editing. :p I know this could be stepping on SP:MW:s toes, but I can't wait that long... :rolleyes:
Timo
Posted: Fri May 25, 2001 8:14 pm
by Warhorse
Funny you should ask, I'm testing one it's one of the few tank actions, but haven't had very much available time lately, look for it in about a week or so, still testing and fudging some details

Posted: Fri May 25, 2001 8:43 pm
by Timo
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Funny you should ask, I'm testing one it's one of the few tank actions, but haven't had very much available time lately, look for it in about a week or so, still testing and fudging some details 
Ask and ye shall receive

Thanks Warhorse, I bet I'm not the only one interested. Just let us know when & where...
Posted: Sun May 27, 2001 8:43 pm
by Wild Bill
I've done dozens of scenarios on Korea in SP2 and SP3, including a couple of campaigns.
I too was waiting for SPMW but maybe we should just go ahead with what we have. I think I'll get on this.
I'd also like to include a few of the French-Viet-Minh in IndoChina, early 50s.
Be a nice change. I'll see which one Warhorse does and then I'll take on something else...WB
Posted: Sun May 27, 2001 9:07 pm
by Warhorse
Hey Wild Man, I'm doing a remake of "Tanks at Ch'ongju", still refining some terrain details, and checking on units etc. Started out as a fun personal project, but since folks are interested, why not, eh?!

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 4:28 pm
by Timo
Ahem..bump
Just wanted to bring the topic up again. Mr. Amos, Mr. Wilder? Anything new from the Korean front? I'd also guess that the changes in game plans would spark more interest on the topic. Combat Leader:Korea might take a while to realize??
Timo
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 4:52 pm
by Warhorse
Timo, thanks for the bump, I needed the reminder!! I still have to refine it a little, things came up, and didn't get around to working on it when I wanted to, and it got forgotten

Will get back on it.
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 5:15 pm
by sami heimola
Good idea! Korean War 1950-53 is always been my favourite era in SP2/3

... US and other allies and North Korean/Chinese have almost same weapons like WW2. So I think that it fits into SPWAW well. Maybe somebody (maybe Matrix

) could do some changes into OOB's (for example, Russia/Bulgaria could be NKPA and Communist China is already done

)? Only flags to NKPA is needed...
BTW, Mega Campaign about whole Korean War could be nice, isn't it?
Sami
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 7:56 pm
by Wild Bill
Well, I needed the bump, Timo. Age and failing memory. I'm looking forward to Warhorse's rendition of Tanks at Chongju.
Mine is hopefully a two-parter. Task Force Smith, and then Revenge for Task Force Smith.
I hope to have the first one available before the weekend.
Wild Bill
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 4:41 am
by BruceAZ_MatrixForum
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
I've done dozens of scenarios on Korea in SP2 and SP3, including a couple of campaigns.
I too was waiting for SPMW but maybe we should just go ahead with what we have. I think I'll get on this.
I'd also like to include a few of the French-Viet-Minh in IndoChina, early 50s.
Be a nice change. I'll see which one Warhorse does and then I'll take on something else...WB
There are some great Marine battles that I would like to see as a campaign especially Frozen Chosin.
Bruce
Semper Fi