Page 1 of 1
boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:56 am
by afspret
when will the boxed version be available for purchase. first i heard it was supposed to be "sometime" in august, then when august passed, it became "sometime soon". i'm stuck with dial up and don't have the time to wait the 18+ hours it takes to download it.
RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:15 am
by stubby331
what he said
RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:29 am
by Bodhi
Well the "CD on demand" version is already available if you don't want to download. Can't quite see the attraction of an empty box as well, then again different strokes for different folks. [:)]
RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:47 am
by ElvisDaKing
ORIGINAL: Bodhi
Well the "CD on demand" version is already available if you don't want to download.
This is what I have done, as not being able to download the game with my poor 56K modem.
I have ordered the CD on demand, and received it 10 days later in my mailbox, on the otherside of the ocean....
RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:46 am
by castor troy
Lucky guy! I´ve ordered it nearly two months ago and haven´t got it yet. My complaint was answered quickly but with no result. Still waiting for it....


RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:56 am
by Bodhi
Ouch. I'd let Matrix know again if I were you. I have things delivered from the US by mail sometimes, usually only takes between 6 & 8 days, and I've never had a parcel disappear (tempting fate by writing this, I know[8|]). I have to wonder if the problem is the US mail or Digital River.
RE: boxed version
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:44 pm
by Erik Rutins
Please e-mail us again at
support@matrixgames.com if you haven't already. The changes taking place in the store should finally address these issues. A small percentage of customers seem to never get their games, even after two or three re-shipments via USPS.
We're going to launch game on demand and trackable UPS/FedEx shipping any day now. Should be synchronous with the Battles in Normandy release. Stay tuned.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: boxed version
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:56 pm
by Whistling Death
Ok, Erik, Battles in Normandy is out. It is September. Not a leap year....
So, when will the box version be out?
And, will you wait until the new patch is out before the box version is out?
And, if after, will the box version have the new patch already included or not?
You have a waiting sale right here waiting to be placed.
RE: boxed version
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:19 pm
by timtom
ORIGINAL: Whistling Death
You have a waiting sale right here waiting to be placed.
Make that two, friend...
RE: boxed version
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:35 pm
by Brausepaul
Three...[:)]