Page 1 of 1
Research Books
Posted: Tue May 29, 2001 7:35 am
by davidcarrell
I know there is already a thread started on research material but I would like to keep this one to just books.
German Battle Tactics On The Russian Front 1941-1945 by Steven H. Newton
Infantry Attacks by Rommel
Posted: Tue May 29, 2001 10:57 am
by Wild Bill
Thanks Mad Dog! We appreciate it. And may I say in passing we appreciate you and your service for us. You are not forgotten by this old warrior!
Allow to extend a salute of gratitude to the old Sarge
Wild Bill
Posted: Tue May 29, 2001 5:07 pm
by Alexandra
Some other good ones are:
Fighting in Hell the German Ordeal on the Western Front (edited by Peter Tsouras). This one reprints reports done for the US Army after the war by Colonel General Rauss, General Erfurth and General von Grieffenburg;
The Luftwaffe: Creating the Operational Air War by James Corum. This talks about how the Luftwaffe was created and dispels a lot of the myths and stories about it.
Strange Victory: Hitlers Conquest of France. I'd call this a must read for any serious student of the war, or anyone who thinks they understand the France Campaign of 1940.
Alex