Page 1 of 1
Playing online?
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:06 pm
by Warhorse
Alright, I still have version 8.1, and I wanted to try out online play. I installed the Combatnet stuff, but can't connect to the server to make an account, how in the hell do you connect to play online, if I select multiplayer in the game menu, I get the run-around there also, what gives?!
Mike
RE: Playing online?
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:44 am
by Major Destruction
there's a few guys who hang out on ICQ. Once you find them they are usually willing to play.
Combatnet doesn't work and hasn't for several versions of the game.
I have found the best combination is ICQ and RogerWilco; ICQ for setting up he game and chatting after and RW for voice chat during the game.
Unfortunately I no longer play online as my router serves as an effective firewall..........but I could easily bypass the router for a game- it would be worth the effort.
Online play is the best.
RE: Playing online?
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:52 am
by SteeliiiBart
A number of us play 3-ways/4-ways online.
Takes like 3-4 hours play time.
You have to get ICQ,
www.icq.com
Look for SteeliiiBart, #=35781326