Page 1 of 1
How do I get promoted? (Still new member)
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:36 pm
by Greybear
Howdy to all you fine hard working and obviously demented folks at matrix games. All of you have to be crazy to put all this great work for a free game. I love you all. OPPS, maybe I should not have said that, But my heart is just overfilling with joy and gratitude.
Now to my question, I have been lurking around here since early june. Mostly lurking, I assume you have to post messages to get promoted. If so how many?
Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 6:45 pm
by RickyB
Originally posted by Greybear:
Howdy to all you fine hard working and obviously demented folks at matrix games. All of you have to be crazy to put all this great work for a free game. I love you all. OPPS, maybe I should not have said that, But my heart is just overfilling with joy and gratitude.
Now to my question, I have been lurking around here since early june. Mostly lurking, I assume you have to post messages to get promoted. If so how many?
From what I saw on my 'promotion', you become a member at 30 posts;-).
------------------
Rick Bancroft
Semper Fi
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 3:48 am
by Grok
As to posting and getting promoted...is just a numbers thing or does it also involve content?
If it doesn't...then I'll just continue posting in my demented fashion.
Grok
Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 4:13 am
by Bonzo
I know, We all hated that "New Recruit" tag, but don't let it stop you from posting. Most folks here judge you by the content of your posts, not the quantity. If you can help someone out or feel you can contribute to the discussion, go for it. The "Rank Tags" don't stick to your messages anyway. Your tag changes to your current "Rank" on all the messages you've posted when you move up.
So join in the discussions that interest you, your opinions are as valid as anyone else's.
Bonzo
------------------
Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator
28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters
http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com
nwbattalion@icqmail.com
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2000 7:28 pm
by dhuffjr
How bout it Matrix folks? What exactly are the # of posts breakdown for the various labels.
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 1:02 am
by Dave_R
It's just a matter of keeping on posting to the forums! And here's another one towards me getting my veteran status back (grins)
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 3:32 am
by dhuffjr
Have to say I'm up on you there!
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 4:00 am
by Greybear
Originally posted by dhuffjr:
Have to say I'm up on you there!
Lets keep it going, they will have to promote us sometime. to repeat, I have been hanging around since June.
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 4:12 am
by Grok
hey Greybear
To gain veteran level I believe its 30 posts...beyond that...I'm not sure. The more you post, the quicker you gain the next level.
------------------
understanding requires patience
Grok
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 5:50 am
by Greybear
Hey Grok, I'm not a doctor, I don't have patients.
Originally posted by Grok:
hey Greybear
To gain veteran level I believe its 30 posts...beyond that...I'm not sure. The more you post, the quicker you gain the next level.
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 10:36 pm
by varjager
Well i for one dont care about the titel!
As long as i can download all these great games!
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 1:00 am
by VictorH
I'm with you on that one varjager.
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 10:19 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Greybear:
Hey Grok, I'm not a doctor, I don't have patients.
Don't worry, all you have to be is an opinionated blabbermouth like me, and you'll be a veteran in no time.....
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 10:49 am
by Grok
Originally posted by Ed Cogburn:
Don't worry, all you have to be is an opinionated blabbermouth like me, and you'll be a veteran in no time..... 
Well, now..thats funny...and here I thought I was the only "opinionated blabbermouth". I feel honored to be in such company : )
------------------
understanding requires patience
Grok
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 5:08 pm
by dhuffjr
Blabber Blabber Blabber
Yadda Yadda Yadda
One more!!!!
Posted: Wed May 23, 2001 10:26 pm
by Dan Bozza
Maybe they changed the rules, or maybe it's based on time in country, 'cause I'm still a 'cruit.

Oh, well, my time will come.
[ May 23, 2001: Message edited by: Boz ]
Posted: Wed May 23, 2001 10:52 pm
by Paul Vebber
The number is 51
Posted: Wed May 23, 2001 11:58 pm
by moore4807
51 posts to be a veteran, huh? Not bad
Hey Grok & Victor, how are you guys doin?
long time -no type... And what a great project it woulda been "sigh"

Posted: Thu May 24, 2001 5:31 am
by sinner
This is a little silly. I was at the newsrgoups (also available through theweb, IRRC) hosted by do-not-remember.com
Those were the goodól days when there was no SP:WaW v.4.
Check Six!