Page 1 of 1
Problems with the score
Posted: Thu May 31, 2001 11:56 pm
by v. Manstein
hi,
i have a problem with the score, too.
played a generated campaign with the U.S against
Germany in 44-45.
Scenario was an assault.
I lost 3 Sherman 76 and two chaffees, have
captured all victory flags(with 100 and 250
points at the end).
My score: 9500 that is correct I think, but
the german have 3700!! and the result is a draw. Why the hell, the AI recieved 3700 points, killed only 5 tanks?
I killed 4 Tigers, 8 Pz IV h`s and lots of
infantrie.
I think this is a bug, because I have this problem often.
sorry for my bad english!
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:01 am
by Dan Bozza
I remember reading that there are new types of victory hexes - some will give your side points for each turn you possess them - so if those hexes were captured towards the end of the game, they'll be worth less. Check and see what type of victory hexes they are.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:08 am
by 11Bravo
Boz,
In my case, (on the other thread about score), I determined that all the VH's were of the "end of game" type.
Someone suggested that it may be due to the new cost/value of units in the OOB's, but I fought a new battle against the same troops, and got a vastly different score.
I think it might be due to the type of attack (assault, meeting, etc.) and the turn in which you do something (capture, kill, die). Also, it might possible be some custom scoreing in campaigns.
Anyway, I haven't read it in the manual yet, or designed a campaign, so I don't know...
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:11 am
by Paul Vebber
If you have a save from the game please send it to me.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 12:38 am
by Charles2222
OTOH, you may be suffering from what I described on one thread as casualties draping from one campaign battle to the next, of entirely different campaigns but with the same nation. I thought perhaps that I had not bounced the pc between the restarting of the same campaign, not knowing this would be necessary, thus causing the problem. I tested the same situation all over again, but this time bounced the pc inbetween and it didn't reoccur. I can't say for sure that I noticed the score, but it does seem my score was extremly high when things were messed up (and actually if it had all those casualties and "wasn't" reflected in the score, it would be even more messed up), but given how it correctly counted the battle as just one, not two, I didn't pay any attention to it. Y'all may be having the same problem I was.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:20 am
by v. Manstein
hi,
I remember, the objectives were all
"at the end of the battle".
Sorry Paul, my campaign is going on, and
I overwright my savegame. I played with true cost, 2500 points and the AI side default;
...and I love 5.01.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 1:43 am
by 11Bravo
Hi All,
I mailed my two saved games with odd scores to Paul.