Page 1 of 2

List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:50 pm
by Alby
anyone got one?
Just wonderin

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:18 pm
by Goblin
One of the changes is they added .1 to the last version...[:'(]

Goblin

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:28 pm
by rrockw
HAHA.. I can always count on Goblin for a humerous moment!

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:14 pm
by Goblin
My wife calls it 'smartassed', but thanks rock!

Goblin[:)]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:13 am
by KG Erwin
You are correct, sir. The new installer searches the registry, looks for old installations of SPWaW, and eliminates them. No, I'm kidding--really, I'm kidding. Your install should display as 8.3. Alby, if you've missed the other threads, here are the changes ---

1. New revised and corrected OOBs
2. Additional ENC files
3. Revised and updated Campaign files
4. Revised and updated Scenario files
5. Three new SND files ( specifically for the Churchill tank)
6. New PIC files

What is NOT included: a new mech.exe. The 8.2 mech.exe is the final version.

I think that's it. I think this will be it, guys. I'm done with it, and others are moving on to other projects. We added some icing to 8.2, but I think we're finished with it for the foreseeable future. Famous last words, eh? We'll see.

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:27 am
by KG Erwin
The Goblin is lurking--so, I'll say that the Matrix OOB Team will be offering the final 8.3 OOBs. Are they better? I think so. Are they perfect? I don't think that can ever happen, to be painfully honest. Within an imperfect game, perfection is an impossible dream. I offer this as a word of caution to those who want to wander into this maze. Don't say I didn't warn you. [X(]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:01 pm
by m10bob
perfeckshun.....................[:D]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:04 pm
by Alby
ORIGINAL: Goblin

One of the changes is they added .1 to the last version...[:'(]

Goblin

ROFLMAO!!!![:D]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:28 pm
by Kevin E. Duguay
I made a KARL Icon and gave it to the team, why are you not useing it? In the slot now your useing a German SPG Icon. My Icon is no bigger than the Russian T-35 (OK may be a little). I made it from actual line drawings of the vehicle. Try it, you'll like it!![;)]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:34 pm
by KG Erwin
Gentlemen, there is a problem with the patch installer. It's being worked on, and we'll get it to you as quick as we can. It works fine on some systems, on others it doesn't. Bear with us, guys. You guys have been great in your patience for previous updates, and it's appreciated. We're showing our appreciation by making sure this patch will work flawlessly on every different o/s it is installed on.

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:54 pm
by Goblin
Who won the pool?[:'(][;)]

Goblin

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:13 am
by KG Erwin
Pool? Huh? I didn't get in on that. [&:]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:17 am
by KG Erwin
On when the patch was coming out? Well, the Depot guys already know most of the OOB changes, so you still have a chance to one up us on that. In other words, put up or shut up. [:'(]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:01 pm
by Maciste
Is the 8.3 patch downloadable yet or not? I am a little confused, not that I am impatient...

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:46 pm
by Goblin
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Well, the Depot guys already know most of the OOB changes

We do?[&:]


Goblin

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:31 pm
by KG Erwin
Goblin, Major Destruction, Rockin Harry and I have been active at the Depot, discussing changes we submitted both to the MG Team and the Depot. Many were accepted. We also passed along some suggestions from Flashfyre and others back to Bryan. This is why we owe you guys a debt of gratitude for directly helping out on the 8.3 update.

We're all working towards the same objective, and all of the information is gathered from publicly-accessible records, so it belongs in the public domain.

That being said, I really don't think there will too many major changes from the Matrix 8.3 OOBs and the Depot project. We have differences in certain ideas, but that is to be expected. I'm a freelance contributor, and will continue to monitor your progress and offer information as I can get it.

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:04 pm
by Goblin
One major difference is that we are having the players themselves vote on changes, instead of just making them and giving little or no explanation on why. It seems to be working, with no arguiing, ill feelings, or mishaps based on lack of communication.

We do appreciate the input KG! Keep it coming.[:)] The proposed changes for The Depot OOB come from the players themselves. Thats you, me, all of us.


Goblin

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:45 pm
by hogg
ORIGINAL: Goblin

or mishaps based on lack of communication.



Goblin

Eh?

Nobody told me about this????

[:D]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:58 am
by rrockw
Did someone say something? [:D]

RE: List of 8.3 Changes

Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:04 pm
by Goblin
ORIGINAL: hogg
ORIGINAL: Goblin

or mishaps based on lack of communication.



Goblin

Eh?

Nobody told me about this????

[:D]

That was on purpose; no one likes you.[;)]


Goblin