Page 1 of 1

Japs: odd thing

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 2:06 am
by Resisti
I've just finished a pbem game playing the japs.
The final battle report was stating as losses for me,in addition to my infantry:

5 AFV's
3 Aircraft

Problem is:

a)I lost 3 Eng.Tanks + 3 main battle tanks=
6 AFV's

b)I HAD NO AIRCRAFT AT ALL!!

First thing I tought abt has been an OOB slot messed up somewhere, but I checked all the different types of units I had in the battle and all the unit' class seemed to be the right ones.

Any other brilliant idea on what could be the reason for that ??

I still have the files on my PC,if somebody from Matrix wants to have a look at them...

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 5:09 am
by Paul Vebber
Send them on over...

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 7:52 am
by Voriax
Resisiti, did you have any caves and if you did, were any of those killed? Or some other fortifications?

Just wondering as recently I played one scenario which was an all-infantry one, and in that scenario I destroyed 2 japanese caves. And in the final score there was 'Aircraft: 2' as losses besides the normal men and arty losses.

Unfortunately I think that I've already erased the save...unless WB still has it as it was one of his scenarios I was testing then...

Voriax

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 11:05 am
by Resisti
Paul:

ok,i'll send them when back home this(Europe) evening;txs for taking care of this.

Voriax:

I think we both are approaching the same kind of possible solution;I,too, guessed at first abt these 3 aircrafts to be the 3 gun emplacements my opponent has destroyed;still mixed abt that, cause the unit class is right for them,too,but maybe I dunno how to properly read the OOB editor....not an expert on that.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 12:54 pm
by Voriax
But as in both cases the 'aircraft' seem to have actually been forts, it'll probably help Paul into finding the correct piece of code that needs fixing. :) My guess is that the score calculating bit has the bug.

Voriax

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 3:45 pm
by lnp4668
In my first battle in Guadcanal, the end score also indicates loses of japanese planes, even though I did not destroyed any. I'll send you the save game if you want Paul.

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 4:37 pm
by Voriax
This is an easy bug to duplicate. I just remembered that I had a test scenario where I had two russian Gun casements as targets :)

I just destroyed both of them and allowed the game to end and yep..two destroyed Russian 'aircraft' in the score page.

Voriax

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2001 6:14 pm
by Peregrine Falcon
Well, not exactly a bug, just an old classification bug.

This has been around a long time...

Caves, bunkers etc. are reported as destroyed aircrafts when battle is over.