Page 1 of 1

Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:52 am
by Raverdave
For those of you whom are living in or around Melb I am planning a gathering for lunch and drinks at a pub to be decided for a Saturday in Mid November. At last count there are about 10 of us and I thought that it would be a good idea to get together and have a few beers to bullshit to each other. In the early days of UV we did this and a well known pub in St Kilda, and had a great time.

If you are interested post you name on this thread or PM me. Ideas for a pub would be good....must have good food, good beer and good views and be central.



P.S. I know that Drongo will be there, the brash loud and outspoken WiTP tester.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:58 am
by Drongo
ORIGINAL: Raverdave
P.S. I know that Drongo will be there, the brash loud and outspoken WiTP tester.

And this is supposed to encourage participation??? [:'(]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:10 am
by Raverdave
Yeah, I'm gona use you as the human PiƱata............got have a draw card.[;)]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:12 am
by Raverdave
How does Saturday 13th of November sound?

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:50 am
by Brady
All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:30 am
by Raverdave
I'll have a nice cold beer waiting for you.[;)]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:27 am
by Drongo
ORIGINAL: Brady

All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]

Better get someone else to address it. We don't want you to end up in Austria.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:07 am
by Brady
lol[:)]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:20 am
by Onime No Kyo
There may be some benefit to it. You guys could teach him to spell properly. I hear there have been quite a few epiphanies that have been had in pubs. [:D]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:55 am
by Twotribes
LOL, some guy in the States did send himself somewhere in a crate. Been a while since it happened. He brazenly punched his way out of the crate at destination and tried to walk off. Turns out he was on probation in his home state and didnt like to much the police attention he got for his stunt.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:05 am
by Jorm
i'd like to wobble along if thats ok ..ta
Paul

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:20 am
by Raverdave
No worries, be glad to have you along.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:20 pm
by SpitfireIX
ORIGINAL: Brady

All I nead is around 2 grand and I can make it, of course half of that is postage on a very large box with an oxygen bottle and a blanket in it[:)]


You'll need more than one O2 bottle if you're flying from the US. Also, just one blanket won't stop you from freezing. What you really need is to bribe another passenger to check a pet as baggage--when you do that, they pressurize and heat the cargo compartment. [;)]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:15 am
by Raverdave
Bump.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:37 am
by Raverdave
Ok guys.........this is coming up THIS Saturday 13th. I guess that the most central place to meet is at St Kilda at the Esplanade Hotel. Be there for 12:30 and have lunch and a few beers.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:24 pm
by Ron Saueracker
I wonder what if other people at the hotel will notice you guys?[X(] What is it about wargamers? Something very obvious about us, like an underlying geekiness or something, no matter what the build. Raver's got the classic look. An obvious appreciation for the beer, kind of a Woodstock hippy thing going, rugby jersey. Probably going to be quite the conversation. WITP, Rugby, WITP, Melbourne Bombers, Jolene Blalock, Anzacs, "Look at the guns on that bint!", WITP...... Behave guys and knock a few back for me. Considering my tippling habits we'll probably be having a beer at exactly the same time anyway.[:D]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:05 pm
by ctid98
Why couldn't you guys do this when I was living in Melbourne a couple of years ago. Shame on you for not informing me of UV back then. [:(]

Instead, I get the delights of Slough, and yes, its as bad as it sounds.

No offense to anybody on here from Slough, but compared to Melbourne...... I'll spend the rest of the afternoon depressed now.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:34 pm
by Nikademus
If Drongo passes out dead drunk....can you please put a lampshade on his head and snap a photo for rampant distribution?

thx

[:D]

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:20 am
by Raverdave
The RSVPs are flowing in thick and fast ! Andrew Brown has given the nod and of course the star attraction of the day, the incredible, almost famous WiTP Beta tester........drum roll............Drongo ! Has said that he will indeed be attending.

Photos of the day will be posted on this board.

RE: Melbourne Australia *Mexicans please read*

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:39 am
by strawbuk
ORIGINAL: Raverdave

The RSVPs are flowing in thick and fast ! Andrew Brown has given the nod and of course the star attraction of the day, the incredible, almost famous WiTP Beta tester........drum roll............Drongo ! Has said that he will indeed be attending.

Photos of the day will be posted on this board.


NO! Not photos! Let us live in blissful ignorance...