Page 1 of 2
I got some email: CD shipments??
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 4:41 pm
by Tommy
He guys,
I got the magic email last night! The new store is open. The Matrix staff have switched our accounts over. No word yet on a ship date. Watch your email or visit the
Please DO NOT post the Store URL until it is open to the public. Thank you.
Tommy
:p
[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Tommy ]
[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: David Heath ]
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 5:19 pm
by Grimm
I got the email yesterday as well. Unfortunately, when I tried to log in using the name and password in the email I got an "User not found in database" error. Any ideas? I replied to the email last night but have not heard anything back yet. (Its still early)
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 6:16 pm
by Tommy
Grimm
I signed on OK, my account & order were there. Did you use your email account (
yourname@ispname.com) as the user and the pre-assigned password (a random number) from the email?
Tommy
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 6:22 pm
by gators
I received the same message and had no difficulty checking my order. I'm curious as to what processing means in terms of time too. It is a kind thing of Matrix to add patience to our lists of virtues! :rolleyes:

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 6:49 pm
by jamiep1
Any info on those who pre-ordered and haven't received an email????
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:06 pm
by Paul Vebber
If you pre-ordered and did not receive an email send your order info (name, address, email address, NOT credit card numbers) to David.
NOte that getting the email DOES NOT mean your order shipped - just that your info has been shifted over to the new store software.
IF your order has not transferred over, then you need to let us know so we can find out why.
[ June 07, 2001: Message edited by: Paul Vebber ]
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:21 pm
by Resisti
Shall we make a new registration to enter the new Matrix store,or is it enough to use the Login name and password we registered with at Matrix forum?
The latter seems not working...
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 9:22 pm
by Paul Vebber
IF you have already ordered, your password and username will appear in the email you should have received.
If you have not received such an eamil you need to email David Heath and let him know.
Please include your name, address, email address and order confirmation number. DO NOT send your credit card nuber...
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 1:36 am
by Paul Vebber
test
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 7:43 am
by David Heath
Ok We are still working out a few last store bugs. I hope to have them cleared up by noon Thursday. DO NOT PANIC if you have not yet got an Email. We only did a limited test run to weed out any bugs.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 7:57 am
by Grimm
I got an email but still can't log into the store. "User not in database". I am using the username and password from the email. I tried cut and pasting and I also tried typing it in. No go either way.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 9:58 am
by kerljohn
Hi,
I'm having the same problem as Grimm. I got the email about my order, but when I try to log into the store with the ID and password provided, I get a "username not in database" error.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 12:35 pm
by kao16
I got the same proble (login no in database). I tried cutting and pasting from the email. In the end I wrote to sales@matrix.
the response:
We should be shipping the CD at any time now. We ran into some delays with
the database being transferred to the new system. We will be sending a
corrected account information sometime between now and Friday. I am VERY
sorry for the delay. If you need any other help please use our Help Desk
Service at
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk.asp
Hope this helps.
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 2:19 pm
by gators
reply ARGGGHHH!!!!
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:04 pm
by troopie
I also got the "user not found in database" message. This after the first day, finding a "processing message" the next day I got an "Invalid order number message" This all is beginning to give me a bad taste in my mouth. I make no accusations, the Matrix people are fine people. But I wonder just WHAT is going on.
As I said on another message on a board now deleted, what we want is what we ordered, not e-mails saying we will get e-mails, tracking numbers that do not work, and assurances that all will be well in the bye and bye.
troopie
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:10 pm
by gators
hear, hear!!! I'm glad I'm not the only person who, though I enjoy playing Matrix products, simply objects to orders being processed one day and disappearing the next.

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:21 pm
by Paul Vebber
Had the initial store software worked properly we would not be in the situation of tryong to shift in mid stream.
This is not a simple process and it requires that we comminicate with you to make sure everything is correct.
Nobody in our position can do all the functions of e-commerce ourslves, so we have to find suitable "subcontractors" to farm various function out to. This seems easy, until you get into the knickers of whats incompatible with whom and have folks not hold up their end of the bargain and software not work as expected.
The problems we are experienceing are exasperating, but not that serious. We have back up plans on top of back up plans, but implementing each is another several weeks delay.
Trust me - there is nobody more frustrated by all this than we are!
The first time is always the hardest!
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 11:55 pm
by JWW
I, too, had problems with the new login and password. Tried it the first night and was told my order was processing. Now it says I'm not in the database. So I logged in to the help desk as a new customer and made my inquiry that way this afternoon. No response yet except an immediate email giving me a problem number. I probably didn't need to do that, but I felt it was better to make the inquiry.
I am not terribly concerned, although this is frustrating. It appears Matrix botched the start-up of this endeavor but is trying rapidly to fix the problem. I will give them the benefit of the doubt since it appears they are trying to fix the problem and upgrade the quality as rapidly as possible. I assume we are just seeing growing pains here and that the problems will quickly be resolved.
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 12:24 am
by Paul Vebber
I will be going through the help desk tonight - but you will likely get one or more emails this weekend.
The help desk lets us manage customer service far more reliably and interactiely than via email or a conventional forum.
Your good will and faith in our "troubles" is heartening! We are working our darnedest to get the bilges pumped out and back on an even keel. At least the flooding put the fire out..the hoel seems patched and now all we have to do is man the bilge pumps a while longer...hard work we did plan on doing, but looking to be on the mend!]
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 1:56 am
by soldat31
Hey guys. I also ordered the new mega campaign and have had the same problem some of you have had logging in to check the status of my order.
I can not say enough thanks to the generous people at Matrix who have gone far and beyond what I thought SP could ever become. However, when there is money involved on my end, I can easily become frustrated. I know that what we are all witnessing "growing pains" and I'm sure Matrix has learned a whole lot from this episode. I just hope that it will be worth it and things will run more smoothly next time around.