Page 1 of 1

Bugs?

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 8:29 pm
by Larry Holt
I can't seem to find the consolidated bug thread, then again search doesn't seem to be working, it just times out.

SPWAW 5.01:
I assaulted Polish bunkers with German Engineers and Infantry (both 70's experience). The % to hit was equal to the number of men (8 men squad had an 8% chance) in the unit while the Poles had a 43% or so chance against me. I also noticed that the engineers did not expend any flamethrower shots or satchel charges during their close assault. This seems wrong.

I have units that are surpressed, various levels, 29 or so to 99 . At the START of my turn, the rally button is greyed out. That is I don't even get to try one time to rally them. How can this be?

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:27 pm
by Belisarius
Just checking: Did you use the "attack hex" function? They won't use their 'throwers or satchel charges if you assault the bunker with direct fire.

As for the second, I don't know. I guess if you play with Combat Command switched on, you might not have enough command points to rally. (I'm not sure here, I'm 'green' with the game, so I've played mostly w/ combat command turned off.)

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:46 pm
by Cyric
I ran into a similar situation with one tiger. It took no shots and was O.K.
BUT my next turn after soviets it had suppression of 99?! Alltough i could rally it, i just wondered the hows and whys, but because it didn't affect the game i forgot about it....
But this really can pose a problem if it manifests it self in a bad place, so to speak.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 9:58 pm
by Larry Holt
Originally posted by Belisarius:
Just checking: Did you use the "attack hex" function? They won't use their 'throwers or satchel charges if you assault the bunker with direct fire.

As for the second, I don't know. I guess if you play with Combat Command switched on, you might not have enough command points to rally. (I'm not sure here, I'm 'green' with the game, so I've played mostly w/ combat command turned off.)
I used direct fire, I was unaware of the need to use attack hex (Z key IIRC). C&C was not being used.