Page 1 of 1

SPWAW quitted

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 12:47 am
by Jacc
...with me. I installed PSP7's test version, Platypus animator, new Winampi, and Easy CD-DA Extractor. Apparently, SPWAW think's I'm not good enough, so it stopped working. I can still start the Menu, but the game itself is not running. It is the version 4.5, and I am really pissed off now. Please help, or do I have to reinstall the entire thing..?

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 3:12 pm
by ruxius
Originally posted by James Coscinu:
I can still start the Menu, but the game itself is not running. It is the version 4.5, and I am really pissed off now. Please help, or do I have to reinstall the entire thing..?
Please explain better what happens exactly..
Sometimes problems are due to sound card configuration..for instance..if i use an Mp3 player when launching SPWAW the game crashes at once..others had problems with vid998.smk
which was corrupted..maybe your dowloaded version has been corrupted..
Reinstallation is always a first try..

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2001 6:08 pm
by A.H
i can't even play anymore. I stopped playing. My morale got so low. You can see my problem in the topic: 'problems with updating'. Nobody has yet figured out my problem.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 4:20 am
by ruxius
Originally posted by A.H:
i can't even play anymore. I stopped playing. My morale got so low.
A Finnish surrendering ???
No NEVER if it's a question of SPWAW !!!
Before surrendering :
1) Donwload again !
2) Ask for someone to mail to you a burned CD
3) Change your computer
4) Change city /job /girlfriend
BUT GET YOUR COPY RUNNING PLEASE !

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 12:46 am
by Jacc
It just won't start. It returns to Windows. It gives me just flickering black, then nothing. Nothing seems to work. I am depressed. But if some FINN would have an 5.01 to burn for me, I would be tosi vitun kiitollinen.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 2:57 am
by john g
Originally posted by James Coscinu:
...with me. I installed PSP7's test version, Platypus animator, new Winampi, and Easy CD-DA Extractor. Apparently, SPWAW think's I'm not good enough, so it stopped working. I can still start the Menu, but the game itself is not running. It is the version 4.5, and I am really pissed off now. Please help, or do I have to reinstall the entire thing..?
What about uninstalling PSP7, Platypus animator, winampi, and easy CD-DA extractor?

My guess is that if you try SPW@W after each uninstall, it will magically start working again after one of those is removed.

If it was working up until the point where you made a change in the system, suspect the change, not what was working before.
thanks, John.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 12:56 pm
by ruxius
It seems the typical sound card problem..unfortunately there is not a prgam message when this occurs...
"Can't open playback device ..maybe it's in use"
This is shown when I use Napster and Sonique mp3 player at the same time..when launching SPWAW while another program which uses playback device (like an mp3 player) is opened SPWAW crashes with no messages...
Sometimes the unit go busy forever and I have to reset the PC...
So I think you have some program installed and used which create this kind of error...
Reduce as adviced all your installed programs...and try again...