Page 1 of 2

I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:17 am
by IKerensky
Well that say all, dont it ?

I dont have millenium, neither do my opponent, so just bring up the patch as 1.3 ( non-ME ) then you can make a 1.3(ME) if you like then make a 1.4 ( for everyone patch )...

But my brother is coming this WE to start our campaign and we NEED our patch ! BOUUUUUUOOUUUUUOOUOUUOUUU

notice, how I dont resort yet to death-threats....

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:16 am
by latosusi
[:D]I have Windows XP. Bring us the patch!!

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:40 am
by Banquet
Tend to agree. I'm sure ME users wouldn't begrudge us the chance to get started. Whether it'd be too much of a pain for the devs to do 2 separate versions is another thing though.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:20 pm
by RolandRahn_MatrixForum
What's next?

Give us a patch or give us death? [;)]

Roland

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:35 pm
by latosusi
[;)]What 2 versions? Give us the patch now and continue to work
on ME compatible patch. Then just replace it... It should work for
everyone then.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:19 pm
by Sonny
ORIGINAL: latosusi

[;)]What 2 versions? Give us the patch now and continue to work
on ME compatible patch. Then just replace it... It should work for
everyone then.

And while you are working on the ME patch could you fix ....


[:D]

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:34 pm
by LittleJoe
This is what i was thinking. They say its all done ready to be uploaded to wherever, but now this news [8|]

I dont see why they cant load up two different versions one for millenium users and one for others, or just load the patch up as it is and then over a week or so do a quick 1.31.

I dont know but it looks like we aint gonna be getting any patch till Early November now...

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:40 pm
by tsimmonds
That's not what Erik says in this thread here.[;)]
Yep, in 1.30 this will be a thing of the past and you will have 1.30 very soon, most likely Monday night.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:41 pm
by LittleJoe
Monday is November the 1st [;)]

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:45 pm
by tsimmonds
D'oh! Living in the past as always.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:04 pm
by Mr.Frag
Just because the CTD showed up in ME does not mean it doesn't exist in all operating systems guys.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:10 pm
by LittleJoe
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Just because the CTD showed up in ME does not mean it doesn't exist in all operating systems guys.

ORIGINAL:Kid

We ran across a CDT that only happens with Windows ME

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:07 pm
by Skyros
If the patch comes out Monday night what will I do election day. Play or vote HMMMMMM

Darn where are those abscentee ballots, hmm Florida, no; New York nah. Ohio....[:-]

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:11 pm
by Admiral DadMan
ORIGINAL: Skyros

If the patch comes out Monday night what will I do election day. Play or vote HMMMMMM

Darn where are those abscentee ballots, hmm Florida, no; New York nah. Ohio....[:-]
Be at the polls early, play and watch the election (and game) results the rest of the day...

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:30 pm
by Knavey
Lets try to figure out the complex set of steps needed to crash the new patch in ME:

1. Must have ME installed (does ANYONE use that system?) I think there is a certain European country that I shall not name that has surrendered more times than there are users of ME.

2. Push reset button on the front of computer. Ooops. CTD!

3. Reboot and load WitP. Must play an AI game that is loaded in slot 49 for at least 30 minutes prior to preceding to the next step for the CTD to occur.

4. Load a PBEM game. Must be saved in slot 234 to reproduce the CTD.

5. It must be Tuesday for the CTD to occur.

6. The time must be between 1601-1623 EDT before the CTD manifests itself.

7. The Red Socks must have won the World Series before the CTD will occur. Doh!

8. Florida must have been hit by at least 4 hurricanes during the previous 2 months for the CTD to happen.

9. You must have a single PT boat in a TF with its destination as one of the bases in New Zealand.

10. The commander of the PT boat must be one that you have assigned and NOT selected by the AI.

11. There has to be a Mavis group on supply transport in San Diego.

12. If you change the Mavis group to troop transport, then you will CTD.

Hope this helps everyone understand just how complicated finding this CTD was. Hopefully the solution will not be as difficult as the fix.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:57 pm
by Tanaka
maybe we will get our wish

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

RE: Update on the 1.3 patch (in reply to Kid)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have suggested to Matrix that they release the 1.30 patch as it is now, assuming they have found no other problems with the game than the Win ME problem. We think Win ME users can be given a way to avoid the crash and that this is best as we may not be able to fix this bug and there are few Win ME users. We will make a further attempt to fix the bug in version 1.40, but since we cannot guarantee we can fix it, we want to move forward with what we have. I am not sure if Matrix has found any other problems with the patch, so I cannot at this moment say exactly when the patch will be released, but my best guess is that it should be up within the next few days or week. Thanks to all for their continuing efforts on the patch and to you customers for your support of WitP.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:09 pm
by Banquet
When I read that I was hoping they were going to say 'so the patch should be out in a few hours' - but, alas, 'a few days, to a week' [:(]

This weekend is a lost cause, but it'd be great to get it for next weekend [:)]

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:16 pm
by moses
Don't dash my hopes yet. He said he couldn't say when it would be released and made a best guess. My wife doesn't get home for 4 hours so I'm still holding out hope!!

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:32 pm
by Tophat
hey,
I have ME on the comp I play WitP on.......but if you give me an avoidance option..or tell me what causes the ctd so i avoid it myself no problem.

RE: I dont have ME, bring it on !

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:38 pm
by Graycompany
Or matrix could sell Windows XP at a discount [:'(]........ Im always thinking[8|]