Page 1 of 3
Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:19 pm
by Sarge
*SUBSIM link* I for one can't wait till this title hits the shelves

RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:41 pm
by Pippin
I am more of a Cold-War sub fan. BTW, I did pick up Sub-Command recently, (ya a bit old now). Wondering what your input in it is?
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:50 pm
by Sarge
Well I see a huge hole in the gender that this title will fill. I was never a big fan of the frist two titles, played them for a time and pulled them off my HD. My fear is the title will rely on graphic's as a selling tool and only then try to address the game play issues the first titles were plagued with.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:27 pm
by Marc von Martial
Yeah baby [:D]

RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:28 pm
by Marc von Martial
Let´s hope it´s good. Since "Aces of the Deep" I didn´t play anything sub related anymore.
Played "Silent Service" for ages.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:21 am
by 2ndACR
I wore out my old C64 playing Red Storm Rising years ago. God I loved that game.
But those graphics sure do look nice.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:53 am
by daft
If you like
Sub Command you'll be happy to know that the sequel,
Dangerous Waters is on its way. Check out the official site here:
Dangerous Waters Website
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:22 am
by Marc von Martial
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR
I wore out my old C64 playing Red Storm Rising years ago. God I loved that game.
But those graphics sure do look nice.
Yep that was a killer game. PLayed it like there was no tommorow.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:42 pm
by wodin
Ive never played a sub sim
Always thought that there would be ages of playing before anything happened.
I could imagine it should be very intense like in real life. Does this come across well in this kind of sim?
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:43 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Sarge
*SUBSIM link* I for one can't wait till this title hits the shelves
It seems the East German team doctors have been experimenting on the crew with anabolic steroids again. I hope they dont take the whole crew off-line if somebody fails the drug screen
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:46 pm
by Cap Mandrake
ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck
Yeah baby [:D]
WOW.....I'm gonna need a bigger computer [X(]
Look at those reflections in the water! Fantastic-looking graphics.
Cool ammo selector too!
I hope they have a stable multiplayer thing.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:10 pm
by Embark
I too am looking forward to this title. I still play Silent Hunter 2 quite a bit..even with its flaws it is a very enjoyable game for me...Especially with the sound mods from Das Boot.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:57 pm
by Pippin
If you like Sub Command you'll be happy to know that the sequel, Dangerous Waters is on its way.
I am not sure if I like sub command or not. Played it a bit but on one early level where no matter how quiet or cautious I am, I suddenly die?
I did try to find some sub command forum/clubs, but didn’t find any. This is not very promising.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:45 pm
by KG Erwin
Wow. Amazing graphics.[:)] Yes, I played Red Storm Rising on the old C64, too, and am a big fan of SHII, despite its quirks. The modding community has worked wonders on it, though, and my version now little resembles the out-of-the-box game.
I post on the Subsim forums once in a while. Over there, I'm known as Thomsen.
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:09 pm
by freeboy
Let´s hope it´s good. Since "Aces of the Deep" I didn´t play anything sub related anymore.
Played "Silent Service" for ages
Mark, you sound like my Kind of Sub commander, I loved my boat rocking gently as I.. early war, attempted a night surface attack against a hopefully unsuspecting convoy. Aces.. and played ss1 extensively..
Would love to see great realism and graphics come together as much in the last decade ahas not been there for me anyway....
would be cool if these folks allowed head too head against a convoy commander
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:12 am
by Mr.Frag
Lets hope they get this one right ... one more flop and there will be no more sub sims ...
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:57 am
by DamoclesX
omg.. omg.. omg.. omg.. omg..
that looks sooo awsome...
I"m gonna play this game on my projector in the basement with all the lights off.. omg omg omg
lol I -love- sub games
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:40 pm
by Bart_Breedyk
Never could get into either 688 or Sub Command, and Dangerous Waters only appeals to me for the O.H Perry frigate and P3 Orion so I can HUNT subs.
Played the original Silent Hunter to death but SH2 left me cold. Hopefully this one will be a hit. I do have to admit, that's the prettiest explosion I've ever seen in ANY sim.
B
RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:15 am
by NefariousKoel
ORIGINAL: Pippin
If you like Sub Command you'll be happy to know that the sequel, Dangerous Waters is on its way.
I am not sure if I like sub command or not. Played it a bit but on one early level where no matter how quiet or cautious I am, I suddenly die?
I did try to find some sub command forum/clubs, but didn’t find any. This is not very promising.
Go to
www.subsim.com and head to the forums. There's a Sub Command section where people are always happy to help. It's got one helluva learning curve, but they'll help you through. Plus there are many links to good SC how-to guides, mods, scenarios and such.
See ya there.

RE: Silent Hunter III review
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:56 pm
by Awac835
Ive played Silenthunter 1. Great game, and you really got that feeling when a destroyer was on top of you dropping explosives. The open ended gameplay was also good, where you got a patrol area rather then missions like in SH2.
Sub Command and 688i were good but i think the missions where to predictable. When you played through them all that was it. But i never did get into the mission editor so that might be it.
But SH3 will properly be canceled if i know Ubisoft right. They canceled Harpoon4 [:@]