OK, I really need help
Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 4:28 pm
I tried to install the v3.+ from a disk from PC Gamer - menu starts, I start the game, intro plays, then the program crashes to my desktop.
I have Direct-X 6.0, so I upgrade to 6.1. Same thing happens.
I download v4.0 (354MB!! I thought it would be a safer bet than the upgrade in case the CD was bad), same thing.
OK, no problem, I take the CD to another computer, at work - it's faster, correct direct-x, more RAM, different video + sound cards - same thing, crashes to my desktop after the intro. I download (AGAIN) v4.0 and try it - same thing.
Why does the game keep crashing to my desktop? I am waiting for the intro to finish and all the correct components and drivers seem to be there on 2 computers.
Another question: Should I be able to by-pass the intro? Maybe it can be bypassed the second time around - but I have never got that far.
Any help would be apprecitated!
[This message has been edited by mao (edited September 15, 2000).]
I have Direct-X 6.0, so I upgrade to 6.1. Same thing happens.
I download v4.0 (354MB!! I thought it would be a safer bet than the upgrade in case the CD was bad), same thing.
OK, no problem, I take the CD to another computer, at work - it's faster, correct direct-x, more RAM, different video + sound cards - same thing, crashes to my desktop after the intro. I download (AGAIN) v4.0 and try it - same thing.
Why does the game keep crashing to my desktop? I am waiting for the intro to finish and all the correct components and drivers seem to be there on 2 computers.
Another question: Should I be able to by-pass the intro? Maybe it can be bypassed the second time around - but I have never got that far.
Any help would be apprecitated!
[This message has been edited by mao (edited September 15, 2000).]