Page 1 of 1

Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:55 pm
by Dereck
I have DSL and have experienced NO problems with any other web sites excite this forum and the Members Area today.

I try to download the 1.3 patch and the blue progress bar never gets past 25% of the way before it freezes and completely stops.

Will someone do something so that we can get these patches downloaded????????????

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:57 pm
by Marc von Martial
Server seems to be hit hard currently.

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:34 pm
by Omat
Seems to be a DDOS attack by downloading the patch.

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:41 pm
by 2Stepper
Assuming you've not already begun downloading by now, try this...

Instead of just clicking the link and waiting, try a "Right click/Save target as" on that link. I saw the same thing the first time I tried a download. Right click/Save target as got me to downloading immediately.

Bear in mind, the server is REALLY bogged down as I have a 5 megabit cable connection and the best I mustered was just over 20kb/sec for throughput. So if you're determined to get it now, its going to be slow.

Try the right click though, it should save you some trouble. [8D]

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:31 pm
by John B
Yes, no joy here as yet. I guess it's better probably to wait a while. As a Brit, I must say, though, shouldn't all you chaps across the pond be too busy voting to have time for downloading? Where are your priorities? Yes, I know....[:)]

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:49 pm
by LittleJoe
I cant even get into the Members area....doesnt load

RE: Can't Download 1.3 - Members Area Freezes

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:18 pm
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: 2Stepper

Assuming you've not already begun downloading by now, try this...

Instead of just clicking the link and waiting, try a "Right click/Save target as" on that link. I saw the same thing the first time I tried a download. Right click/Save target as got me to downloading immediately.

Bear in mind, the server is REALLY bogged down as I have a 5 megabit cable connection and the best I mustered was just over 20kb/sec for throughput. So if you're determined to get it now, its going to be slow.

Try the right click though, it should save you some trouble. [8D]


You make me feel better about the 69K/s throughput I had when D/L it around 1AM [:'(][:D][:D]

Guess now that words out things are bogged down indeed..