Page 1 of 1

Political points for Japan

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:29 pm
by Bradley7735
so, I'm an allied player for the most part. I know where to use PP's when playing the Allies. (they are all used trying to save LCU's and airgroups in the first 6 months of the war, then used to keep Brit DD's for the rest [;)])

Where do Japan players use PP's? Do you have to save them up for a long time and transfer a division here and there, or is there a more immediate use of them?

As allies, I never have enough. Even when June 42 comes around, there's always good air and land units on the West coast, Canada, New Zealand or Australia that could be better used near the front.

I would guess that there aren't too many uses for Japan, except to save them for a long time to use on one division at a time. In Manchuria and China, you can march them wherever, so no use there. (unless you really want to use them in the pacific). Are the Home Islands the only place you need to transfer units from?

bc

RE: Political points for Japan

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:31 pm
by 2ndACR
Depends on the players style. I have released one division from Manchuria. You also need to use a bunch at the start to re-assign air groups out of Japan.

I look at the "free" usage of Manchurian forces as gaming the system. So I do not use them unless I pay the price.

RE: Political points for Japan

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:41 pm
by KPAX
I have used mine to primarily free up the air units.

If China is too hot, I like to send them to PI, once that is taken, and bomb for exp.

RE: Political points for Japan

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:38 pm
by sveint
Save up points and transfer one division from Home to Southern.

(that is, after you've replace all the bad leaders)

RE: Political points for Japan

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:05 am
by Chaplain
I use mine to transfer air search squadrons quickly into the deep Pacific (Makin, Tarawa, Wake, Guadalcanal, etc.) and then follow-up with fighter/bomber squadrons. I also use them to transfer heavy AA battalions to my island outposts, and to optimize commanders for my LCU's.

It seems to me that the heavy AA battalions have the potential to extract maximum blood from the counter-attacking US LBA. But what do I know?

RE: Political points for Japan

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:10 am
by Hirohito
First, reassign the armor units in the home islands to some hq that can do something useful with them. Then reassign the air units in the home islands to someplace you need them. Then reassign AA units. Then HQ units, HQ units have a multiplier effect on the combat troops that they add support to and Japan never has enough of them. Lastly move divisions out of the home islands.

Hirohito