Bad SPWAW EXE file? Help!
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:12 pm
Hello,
I've just downloaded SPWAW v8.2 and the patch v8.3 and installed them onto my computer. After installing both (the v8.2 file first, of course), I noticed that I had a SPWAW game menu shortcut on my desktop. When I click on it, a menu is presented, with 'Play SPWAW' appearing at the top of the menu. However, nothing happens when I click on that selection. All of the other options on the menu work fine, which all activate my browser.
I tried reinstalling the game a few times, but the same thing happened. It's like there's a dead link on the game menu. Does anybody know how to fix this, or is there a patch for this. I'm running Windows XP. I would really like to play the game and get involved with the gaming community. Iplayed the game at my friend's house and it seemed to be just what I've been looking for.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can impart to me.
Mark
I've just downloaded SPWAW v8.2 and the patch v8.3 and installed them onto my computer. After installing both (the v8.2 file first, of course), I noticed that I had a SPWAW game menu shortcut on my desktop. When I click on it, a menu is presented, with 'Play SPWAW' appearing at the top of the menu. However, nothing happens when I click on that selection. All of the other options on the menu work fine, which all activate my browser.
I tried reinstalling the game a few times, but the same thing happened. It's like there's a dead link on the game menu. Does anybody know how to fix this, or is there a patch for this. I'm running Windows XP. I would really like to play the game and get involved with the gaming community. Iplayed the game at my friend's house and it seemed to be just what I've been looking for.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can impart to me.
Mark