Page 1 of 1

WWII Campaign Maps changing....

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:22 pm
by Panzer Commander
I have noticed with V5.03 (did not check 5.01 or 5.02) that the map that shows on the purchase screen button is NOT the map that the battle represents. In fact, not only does the map change but it seems the type of battle changes (attack to defend, visa versa).

Has anyone seen this and could it be an install problem as all I did was copy the V5.03 mech.exe to the SPWAW directory and restart the computer?

This makes it kind of hard to plan your support purchases.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:36 pm
by Stukadawg
I started the Preparing the Way campaign last night and I previewed the map. All went fine, but that was all I did. Were you playing a random campaign?

\_STUKADAWG_/

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:38 pm
by Panzer Commander
I was using the WWII Campaign Generator when this occured.

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:01 pm
by Panzer Commander
I figured it out. The map button when I am purchasing my core units shows a default map. The map during the support units purchase is the right one.

The map button should probably not be available during the core purchase (just as the mission and AI difficulty are not) as it currently shows a dummy map and is a little confusing. But no big deal.

Still a great game...