Page 1 of 2
Music
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 7:58 pm
by toundra
What music are you listening while playing?
With USMC/US i always Rename my tanks and i listen the "Andrew Sisters" that way i am unstoppable. =)
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:27 pm
by Wild Bill
This music was composed by Derek Boain and is our own creation ... or his own creation. He is a very talented young man!
Wild Bill
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:46 pm
by sven
Originally posted by toundra:
What music are you listening while playing?
With USMC/US i always Rename my tanks and i listen the "Andrew Sisters" that way i am unstoppable. =)
I listen to Nitzer Ebb, Ministry, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Glenn Miller, or Patsy Cline. Nothing ever compares with doing a good mech assault listening to Wagner though. I love listening to the complete Tristam and Isolde collection whilst playing.
regards,
sven
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:59 pm
by Marder_MatrixForum
´Sometimes when i listen techno (Paul oakenfold)! I think i am the unusual spwaw player, i´m 24 years old, student, love techno, house, and garth brooks, too and my favorite is elvis! But while i finish off my enemy i prefer to listen nothing, affects my concentration! And i´m not a support units slaughter guy!
Marder
PS. Will Bill, i have made a scen, and i would be proud if you would just have look fast look at it! so if you´ve the time, read every scen making in the forum, so....
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:12 am
by pops
Yes I love the music by Derek Boain I only wish it would continue throught the game sometimes.....btw I love classical, old sing song jazz and most styles really....my all time favorite band is the Grateful Dead.....they kept me travelling around the States throughout the '80s and '90s.....I miss that!
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 12:54 am
by Mark Ezra
SPWAW is the only game I keep the music on. Derek's work is rich, full flavored and runs a gammet of emotions from martial to blue. I get excited when a new edition of SPWAW gets released for the music alone.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 1:52 am
by sven
Originally posted by Mark Ezra:
SPWAW is the only game I keep the music on. Derek's work is rich, full flavored and runs a gammet of emotions from martial to blue. I get excited when a new edition of SPWAW gets released for the music alone.
The soundtrack IS wonderful. My wife does not like my choice of volume at 2am though.

I usually listen to music in my headphones when necessity dictates the PC be in 'stealth' mode.
regards,
sven
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:26 am
by pops
Are you saying that the music continues during game play?
It doesn't for me and as I have said I love the music.........hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm???
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:05 am
by Mike Mnich
My Question too,
I can't get music during game play. Is
that possible?
Thanks,
Mike
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:11 pm
by KG Erwin
Guys, I think all you have to do is set "soundtrack on" in the preferences screen.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:31 pm
by Mike Mnich
Dear Guys,
Music is on in Preferences, but it does not play during game play, only in index and other screens.
What is wrong?
Mike
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 12:54 am
by Charles2222
From my piddling with it a little bit, i found that the music doesn't seem to play, during the game, if you have one or both of those other sounds options on. The top option on that right column (terrain effects was it?) will shut off if the music is played, and vice-versa.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:06 am
by KG Erwin
I just read the pertinent section in the manual, and the program is not designed to play music during game play. Besides, with the terrain/weather/battle sounds all switched on, there's plenty to listen to. However, you can try running your Windows Media Player or Real Player while playing the game, and listening to whatever you want. Put the soundtrack music on a playlist, and there you go. Let me try this out, and I'll get back to you.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:19 am
by Mark Ezra
Music Doesn't play during the game but does play in the editor and battle blding scen. I spend a fair amount of time in the editor....sorry if I confused you..Hey..what's this? A package!? Wow...I just got the MC/CD...Now isn't this turning out to be a great day!
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 2:45 am
by KG Erwin
Well, I just tested running Windows Media Player, put on the "Panzerlied" MP3, and then started SPWaW. You can turn the soundtrack preference to "off", and then start a scenario. Voila! I can listen to that famous German marching song, or whatever else (Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and Stuka sirens, what a combo!), and let the panzers roll. It's pretty cool. However, my system has 128MB of RAM, so that helps.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:14 am
by Alby
Originally posted by Charles_22:
From my piddling with it a little bit, i found that the music doesn't seem to play, during the game, if you have one or both of those other sounds options on. The top option on that right column (terrain effects was it?) will shut off if the music is played, and vice-versa.
Terrain effects gives away your position anyway!!
you move thru a stream, and the other guy hears the water sounds, at least in online play
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:16 am
by Alby
Originally posted by toundra:
What music are you listening while playing?
=)
"ONE" by Metallica

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:17 am
by Slayer
I listen to a good variety of heavy metal and death metal while playing most games. I have a small stereo set up behind me. Kinda makes me wonder if I spend too much time in this room...
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 11:34 am
by skukko
weird

:Silence is my pal most of the time in the game, you know all Off...but if I want music as sometimes happens it 'Starship Troopers'-soundtrack. It fits in this game as good as originals with the game. Good job with music
(If I'll play AlienVersusPredator I'll stay with that music or then put 'Suicidal Tendencies' on and start to die

LOL )
mosh
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:41 pm
by Charles2222
From what i found the sooundtrack DOES play during the player turn if one or both of the other sound options are off. I'm not sure if it will play during AI turn though; I imagine so since the other sound effects will.