Page 1 of 1
2 bugs :(
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:06 pm
by Voriax
Hello
I've spotted couple minor bugs in 5.2 and 5.3
The first one is that on occasion bailed tank crews have no weapons. This happened twice in two different scenarios, and the game version was 5.2
The second one happened in 5.3. I've just fired a shot at an enemy tank and got a message 'Coax gun destroyed' However the tank immediately opfired *and* used that coax.
I've still got saves from both incidents if someone's interested.
Voriax
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:14 pm
by Paul Vebber
The first is supposed to be that way soetimes teh crew doesn't stop and get stuff before they get out. THe other is probably due to the fact that the messages are keyed to a slot, not a weapon so if there is a coax gun in both slot 2 and 3 then a coax gun can still fire? Send me the save on the latter
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 9:53 pm
by Lucullus
I've noticed anther bug. In Brave men of Betio, the Marine .30 mmg's are now represented by M3 halftracks.
I've also noticed this in Marine Ordeal
There is a wierd vehicle in DickerMax.
Is there something wrong or am I hallucinating?
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:20 pm
by Paul Vebber
I'm not getting weird icons, try reinstalling?? Check for nested directories withthe same name?
Voriax - you'll note on the PantherG that teh second wepons slot has the NvW92 thing, not the coax mg theprogram expects - it did lose that, but the damage routine thinks slot 1 is the main gun, slot 2 is teh coax, slot 3 is teh bow MG and slot 4 is teh AAMG. WHat is really inthose slots varies sometimes like on the Panther G...
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:59 am
by Wild Bill
For some reason, you have outdated scenarios Lucullus.
The OOB files were changed AFTER these scenarios were done.
I'm going to send you the updated ones. The .30 cal LMG was removed, and that is why you have those weird icons.
Oh, which version are you playing of the game?
Files are on the way. Enjoy.
If you see any more like that, let me know, please!
Wild Bill
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 4:01 am
by Wild Bill
Your e-mail address is not available, so I guess I won't send 'em. If you want them, or any of the rest of you with outdated files, let me know and I'll send them.
billw@matrixgames.com
Wild Bill
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:55 pm
by RockinHarry
Originally posted by Voriax:
Hello
The first one is that on occasion bailed tank crews have no weapons. This happened twice in two different scenarios, and the game version was 5.2
Voriax
That´s caused by a destroyed tank/vehicle main gun (slot1) before the crew bailed. Also means crew has no smoke loads as smoke is related to slot1 weapon.
________
Harry
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:19 pm
by Lucullus
Thanks WB!! I just e-mailed you my e-mail. I appreciate the help.
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 11:42 pm
by Halgary
I found a bug too: Engineers will clear Dragon teeth from the hex thay are in, even if WILL NOT CLEAR MINES IN FRONT OF UNIT is set. Not good when defending.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:00 am
by Charles2222
Halgary: It's likely that the infantry also clear mines in the same hex since there's no way to turn them off, if you don't want to. I don't know, but for whatever reasons I can't recall my infantry ever having that work for them (removing them that is). Allegedly engineers will clear mines in front of them if the option is on AND clear mines in their hex, but I can't recall them clearing mine sin their hex either, but it would make sense that they couldn't clear mines in both hexes at the same time, perhaps preferring the minefiled in the direction it's pointing to the one it's in. It would be simple enough to experiment with to know for sure.