Page 1 of 1

how many turns are there in the 1st mega campaign battle?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:12 am
by MacCready
Hi there,

Im 16 turns into the first mega campaign battle,I've shattered the british morale and I hold all victory hexes.

When does it end? :eek:

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:43 am
by Wild Bill
Just click on through, Mac.

We had so many problems with scenarios ending prematurely denying victory that we have worked hard to make sure they play through.

In this case it is a bother, but believe me, I prefer it this way to the other. Nothing irritated me more than being on the verge of a great triumph and then see the victory screen. ARGH! :mad:

Wild Bill

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 3:48 am
by MacCready
Thank you Wild Bill,


I chose the night attack option in the first choice area,
But sadly even though I'm on the verge of winning,it came at a very high price as far as destroyed German equipment.

Very nice defensive positioning!!
:(

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:30 am
by Banjo
Being able to play through may be a pain when you have already stomped the AI, but like you said, it irked the hell out of me in the Peparing thr way campaign, having getting only a draw because I was one turn away from capturing the last 3 objectives. Then looking at the other players screen after the scenario, that the enemy had 90% loses. BTW, just got my disc in the mail and am ready to march through Africa!! Looks like another superb job from the Matrix team!!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:44 am
by murr
I also chose the night attac option and suffered about 50% vehicle loss.The British sappers at the bottom of the map really put a hurtin on me. Finished that battle as a draw and was threatened by the high command that I may be commanding a desk in Italy if my performance doesnt improve.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:55 am
by McGib
I chose the Train scenario and am suffering high casualties too. I had no idea General Rommel was sending us up against elite British troops!

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:59 am
by MacCready
I finished the scenerio and moved on to the
Brandenbergers option in the next choice area.

I was surprized I got 5088 to the comps 258.
Rommel was pleased.
And I suffered about 75 percent vehicle loss I'd say...

:D

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:33 am
by Wild Bill
Good to see you trying the options. Some are easier than others, but you never know ;) so just roll the mental dice and take a chance :rolleyes:

Some of the options are simply variations of the original, but in nearly every node (or battle) you are going to get a "different" type of battle.

Your call :confused:

Wild Bill

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:34 am
by Wild Bill
Those supplies were pretty important to the Brits, Mac :eek:

WB

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 11:00 am
by Graf Speer
I love the mega optional scenario idea - great for replay! Thanks.

(Yes, I 'couldn't resist' trying the train scenario. Bloody as hell, my axis troops were ambushed on flank, it was bitter, but managed to exit 25 points or there about . . . well done!) Next time I will not be so blause about those Brits.

Albert

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Graf Speer ]

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:45 pm
by MacCready
Wild Bill:


what supplies do you mean,I played the night attack scenerio w/extra recon option.

Are you talking about that destroy train option?

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 12:39 am
by Wild Bill
One of the optional battles, Mac, is "Catch that Train," in the node you mentioned. You chose another option instead of that one.

Its a fierce one!

You can, of course, go back later, and play it again using different optional battles.

Wild Bill