Page 1 of 1

Mega Campaign disk error

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:50 pm
by Panzer Commander
I just received my CD yesterday and I tried to install my Mega Campaign but I get the following error...

...\SND\stream\VID012.SMK
Decompression Error #7
File CRC mismatch - Data integrity error.

Has anyone else seen this and is there an easy fix or do I have to wait for a new CD from Matrix? How do I request a new CD?

Could someone with SPWAW MC email me this file and could I just copy it to the proper place?

Thanks

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:06 pm
by AlvinS
Yes I had the same error. I hit Ignore and the program installed fine. The VID012.smk is for a Japanese campaign. The 5.2 update will fix the VID012.smk file.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:08 pm
by cward
I'm Kinda cheesed off as I have the same problem too. Any word on replacement disks or the like? Can you remanufacture this thing by reburning the cd with version 5.3 or something?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:13 pm
by Panzer Commander
Thanks for the quick responses and the good news.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:24 pm
by Warrior
Same thing happened to me. Numerous "Retry" attempts didn't work. I finally ignored it and continued the install, then one with the upgrades to 5.2 & 5.3. When I checked, the upgrades had NOT put that file into the game. I copied it from another game on my machine. Stuff happens.

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:53 am
by tracer
Got my MC CD today and ran into the same error and just hit 'ignore'. After applying the 5.2 and 5.3 patches the file was installed.