Page 1 of 1
Do you give names
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:29 pm
by toundra
to your tanks?
I play with something like 4 to 6 tanks
(1000 points)
2 wolverines
"Big Mac" "sharpshooter"
2 shermans
"Menphis belle" "Wild Bill

"
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 5:10 pm
by Mark Ezra
One of the features I most enjoy about CM is the Ability to re-name units/leaders. In Campaigns I always use my name for the AO (ya gotta blame somebody!)and name the leaders of all the units. Sometimes I rename the units as well. For example: a platoon of tanks Listed E0, E1, E2, ect Might be Called Easy, Eddie, EL Cid...it makes an easy way to track the platoon. Sometimes I name all the unit leaders in a similar fashion as an easy method of checking morale/promotion status. And yes, I do actually have a life...I just like SPWAW better...LOL
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 6:05 pm
by sven
Originally posted by toundra:
to your tanks?
I play with something like 4 to 6 tanks
(1000 points)
2 wolverines
"Big Mac" "sharpshooter"
2 shermans
"Menphis belle" "Wild Bill
"
I have named my wolverine 'Kitty Killer'.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 7:45 pm
by Gallo Rojo
I also name my HQ after myself, and some of my leaders after friends of mine.
And I always mane recon leaders after my brother-in-law... you know, recon is a dangerous job so he is always killed (yes, I don’t like the guy)

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 8:11 pm
by Rambodoc
I am currently playing the megacamapaign (it is great!!!) and for the first time have been renaming my units. However, it seems that the name reverts back to the default when a new battle starts. Is there any way to prevent this and keep the new names.
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:03 pm
by Mike Wood
Hello...
No, there is way to do this. Sorry. The campaign authors frequently use historical names for some of your folks and when the game loads, it looks for the names the campaign author chose.
Originally posted by Rambodoc:
I am currently playing the megacamapaign (it is great!!!) and for the first time have been renaming my units. However, it seems that the name reverts back to the default when a new battle starts. Is there any way to prevent this and keep the new names.
Hope this helps...
Michael Wood
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 9:24 pm
by panda124c
Originally posted by sven:
I have named my wolverine 'Kitty Killer'.
I love it. Now if you could just rename the enemy units too, 'Kitty Litter'

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 12:42 am
by Wild Bill
Personalizing your units is a big plus in SP. I'm sorry we could not give you that option in MCNA. Being a campaign and not knowing what you might want to name them, I chose not to do that at all.
It is a fun thing to do.
Wild Bill
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 5:03 am
by Jack
What I do is give all my units call signs. I am playing a brigade size battle now just finished turn 1. I numbered all my units. CC is off but for the player by naming the units all the same at Coy or Squadron level it is easier to keep the units together. For fun I also name Squadron and Coy Commander. I think it is cool because when the rallying takes place peoples names you know are now involved in a small way.
The other advantage to using call signs is when your PBEM oppenent uses the VCR playback button all he sees is info like 1 fire on GE Sqd, 1 casualty. Well 1 could be anything from a siper to a tank.
The Brigade size battle I am doing now email we used 15000 points. So I have 10 Squadrons of tanks, 5 Coy of Inf one of which is mechanized, and some respectable arty.
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 8:47 am
by troopie
Always. Units get callsigns. I often rename the leaders.
troopie
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2001 9:17 am
by sven
Originally posted by troopie:
Always. Units get callsigns. I often rename the leaders.
troopie
My favorite SPA unit is 'Dear Hans'
My favorite tank destroyer is 'Kitty Killer'
My favorite tank is 'Essen Express'
My HQ is 'puzzle palace'
My crack infantry is 'Wilder's Waiders'(WB)
naming the units helps during op fire, and when you call in fire missions.
regards,
sven