Page 1 of 3
Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:31 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Loading resources onto AKs...
Are resources supposed to have the same load value as supplies? If so, then my AKs are leaving about 1/4 full after being ordered to load resources and given CS status.
When resources are loaded, are they not supposed to resemble the oil load on a TK with the numerical value in russet/orange/red? If so, then this is not happening.
Looking at the base from which resources were supposed to have been drawn, the supplies are depleted and the resources either remain the same or increase.
I always played as Allies when beta testing so have just started tinkering with oil/resources recently.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:32 pm
by RUPD3658
I don't think they will load anything other than Supplies on CS runs.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:34 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Really? Why not I wonder?
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:35 pm
by RUPD3658
A sadistic plot to make you use the auto-convoy system!
It would be too easy to set up your own if you could set oil and resource pick up to CS mode.
Something to request in v1.5?
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:44 pm
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: RUPD3658
A sadistic plot to make you use the auto-convoy system!
It would be too easy to set up your own if you could set oil and resource pick up to CS mode.
Something to request in v1.5?
I live off CS convoys as I absolutely refuse to use the AI if I don't have to. Yes, ifthis is the case, the ability to run CS convoys carrying resources and oil is a basic "must have". I will never play Japan if this is not possible.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:53 pm
by Mr.Frag
I live off CS convoys as I absolutely refuse to use the AI if I don't have to. Yes, ifthis is the case, the ability to run CS convoys carrying resources and oil is a basic "must have". I will never play Japan if this is not possible.
There is not CS-Commodities option Ron. CS is Fuel/Supplies only, not Oil/Resources.
It's on the wish list somewhere.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:03 pm
by PJJ
It would be great to have the CS convoys also carrying oil & resources. As Japan, players already have more than enough to do during their turns without having to be the QMG. And we all know that the auto-convoy system doesn't work as well as it should...
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:43 pm
by tanksone
Just my 2 cents , are you checking to see that the base your loading resources at has enough to fill your ship. Early in 42 DEI does not kick out the resources till May or so. I think that gives the Alllied player insentive to hang in their so you can scoop them for the Aussies[:D].
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:46 pm
by 2ndACR
Ron, quit yer griping. Micromanagement is the only way to play the Japs. Why do you think alot of the Jap turns take so long to get back to you?[:-]
Just do not try and create a resource hub. You will never get the oil and resources you dumped there to reload. Once you pick it up, you have to tote it all the way to where it is needed. None of the "I will take all the oil/res from the southern DEI and dump it in Manila, then make a mongo convoy to carry it to Japan".
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:04 pm
by tabpub
Curious as to why you would say not to "hub" the oil/resources? I do that all the time and have not encountered any problem to date with this method.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:07 pm
by 2ndACR
Go dump some oil in Palau and then try and pick it back up again. I reported this to Frag along time ago and got a "do not do that" answer.
After seeing 32,000 oil just sit there and not be able to load it, I have since gotten real leery about dumping my goods anywhere but the final destination. Same for para drops, air transport, single ship TF's making landings.
Once bitten twice shy.[:-]
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:11 pm
by tabpub
Been dumping oil/resources in Tjilijap(by God, I think I spelled it right from memory! Been playing too long...) and picking them up again. Am just starting to do oil in Pago Pago, so we will have to see if that works there.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:18 pm
by 2ndACR
Please do and report back. Maybe it got fixed and somebody forgot to notify me.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:22 pm
by tabpub
Wilco
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:22 pm
by RUPD3658
I was able to drop the oil rescued from the DEI in Darwin and left it ther for 2 months before moving it to Sydney.
No problem encountered except that the Aussi railway wouldn't move it to Sydney for me.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:42 pm
by Mr.Frag
Do not dump oil/resources at a location that does not have some form of industry.
No Mike, it has not been fixed at this point.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:45 pm
by 2ndACR
Hah, vindicated.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:55 pm
by Mr.Frag
Hah, vindicated.
Only partly, it only happens at bases that do not have anything in the first place. You can do this as long as it is a base that already has some form of industry so it's never been a high priority.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:57 pm
by 2ndACR
But Manila has Nada. That was to be my primary hub.[:(]
See, now I am going to cry.
RE: Possible Brain Cramp
Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:29 pm
by Mr.Frag
Personally, I've never understood the purpose of loading a ship only to unload it to load it again to unload it when it gets where you really wanted it in the first place ... just wastes time with the extra load/unload.
Maybe it's just me [:D]