Page 1 of 3

Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:57 pm
by VI66_slith
Image Merry Christmas to each and every one of you! Image

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:20 pm
by Ron Saueracker
You suckin' back on the egg nog already? Got kids? Xmas sucks [8|]for the most part. Ahhh...that's what beer is for.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:00 pm
by VI66_slith
Always with the negativity! Image

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:19 pm
by dtravel
Bah Humbug!!


[:'(]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:38 pm
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: VI66

Always with the negativity! Image

You forgot "Moriarty!"[:D] Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...

Good thing I'm an uncle 15 times over. One great niece. Most live thousands of miles away though.

Volunteer for children's and men's shelters though. I supply and cook a mean Xmas pig out...turkey, ham, lamb, tourtierre, all the fixin's. Used to do it at the tavern for all the older timer's in my bar's neighborhood AND another one for my friends with no family plansat my place. Loads of work but tons of enjoyment.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:59 pm
by VI66_slith
Ahhhhh...a closet nice-guy!Image

Oh and...good for you! That work is great!

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:26 am
by 2ndACR
ORIGINAL: dtravel

Bah Humbug!!


[:'(]

Seconded. The Xmas bill will give me a stroke.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:47 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR
ORIGINAL: dtravel

Bah Humbug!!


[:'(]

Seconded. The Xmas bill will give me a stroke.

Well,making sure your ex GFs knob boyfriend looks like a loser costs buckaroos.[:D]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:49 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: VI66

Ahhhhh...a closet nice-guy!Image

Oh and...good for you! That work is great!

By the time you are done you have pretty much cooked your appetite away. Picking while preparing everything does not help either.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:03 am
by VI66_slith
Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...
I'm in the same boat currently so I can sympathise with you. Try and have a good holliday anyway won't you. In the meantime-I'll keep up with the eggnog. Image

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:17 am
by Titanwarrior89
Merry Christmas too all! [:'(]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:36 am
by Skyros
Merry Christmas and may every ones stocking be stuffed with a new game!

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:43 am
by dtravel
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR
ORIGINAL: dtravel

Bah Humbug!!


[:'(]

Seconded. The Xmas bill will give me a stroke.

HAH! I just spent the afternoon paying off the creditor's to my father's estate. $130,000, PFFFFFFFTTTTT! Gone, just like that! <snaps fingers> And I've still got to get a final reckoning from the IRS on how much he owed them.

Plus my mother made the final distribution on her father's estate too soon. (She only waited two and a half years.) The IRS came back to her saying "Oh, by the way, we just noticed something he did sixteen years ago, so send us more money." I had to write a check to her for another $11,000 out of my own pocket.

Not a year for holiday spirit from me.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:07 am
by mlees
How the HECK can the IRS charge the SON for something the FATHER did DECADES ago??? Reform that dang tax code NOW!!

Must be nice to be able to make up your own laws as you go!!! Sheesh!! I'd be LIVID. (I am, and I'm not the one burned!)

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:19 am
by 2ndACR
I got my revenge on a IRS auditor about 7 months ago. His a/c died and he needed a new one.[:@]

Let us just say that I did not cut him any slack on the price at all. I raked (raped is more like it) his butt across the coals. Lets see, R-22 disposal fee 150.00 (usually included, not this time) new emergency drain pan 150.00 (cost me 15.00 and usually included). Those are just the examples. I would have charged him for every screw used if I would have thought of it at the time.

At the time, I was just remembering the 21,000.00 tax bill that they slapped me with on capitol gains and my personal income. That does not even include what my business paid or the State "Franchise" Tax.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:30 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: VI66
Xmas is for kids, and with none and not being married at the moment, it's kind of meaningless. Parties are fun etc but at the end of the day...
I'm in the same boat currently so I can sympathise with you. Try and have a good holliday anyway won't you. In the meantime-I'll keep up with the eggnog. Image

I was just playing Scrooge...someone has too or it would not be Christmas! [:D] Tell ya Idon'tlike though. The PC twats forcing the use of XMAS vs Christmas.

"I'm, dreaming...of a white XMAS. Just like no other I used to know..."

Pissoff PCs.[:@]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:32 am
by Ron Saueracker
ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

I got my revenge on a IRS auditor about 7 months ago. His a/c died and he needed a new one.[:@]

Let us just say that I did not cut him any slack on the price at all. I raked (raped is more like it) his butt across the coals. Lets see, R-22 disposal fee 150.00 (usually included, not this time) new emergency drain pan 150.00 (cost me 15.00 and usually included). Those are just the examples. I would have charged him for every screw used if I would have thought of it at the time.

At the time, I was just remembering the 21,000.00 tax bill that they slapped me with on capitol gains and my personal income. That does not even include what my business paid or the State "Franchise" Tax.

Same thing here. Tax auditor was not aware of micro breweries...DUUUUH!! About $60,000.00 in invoices I conveniently out of the little Koreans hands.[:D]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:33 am
by mlees
If it weren't for the "regular" folks desire to be fair to all, the PC nuts wouldn't get traction in the first place. Our own good nature and a desire to be "fair" is used against us. Sigh.

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:11 am
by Mr.Frag
[:D]

Picked up my prezzy early, my desktop is now 3520 x 1200 resolution ... finally have enough space to do work [8D]

RE: Happy Hollidays!

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:30 am
by Hornblower
Ahmen to that. Mrs H is planning on going out and shopping or Christmas gifts tomorrow with her girlfriend. Odd thing is that everone is already bought for. I feel that i should be afraid, very afraid....