Page 1 of 1

1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:05 pm
by SimonDC
I haven't seen this posted and am not sure if this is the right place. I've noticed with 1.4 that when playing as allies I get notice of Japanese airfield or port expansion when the allied expansions are listed at the end of the turn. I don't have a save but could try it. Am playing the 43 scenario.

Simon

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:10 pm
by adsoul
Not a bug. This is an intended feature.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:16 pm
by Halsey
This is really no big deal. You can get the same info by scrolling your cursor over the bases. Saves a few minutes every turn for those who like to check on these things.[;)]

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:53 pm
by kaleun
I thought it was my loyal subjects letting me know what the Kichichiku beihei were up to....[8|]

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:49 am
by smallie1
maybe covered before, but what's the thoughts on this? Seems silly to me you somehow use a crystal ball & know airfields and ports are expanding. I think you should get this info only if you recon.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:23 am
by 2ndACR
hey, do not knock it. I hated having to go check every base every turn to find out when work was done.

Now if they will do the same thing for reinforcements too.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:11 am
by Mr.Frag
hey, do not knock it. I hated having to go check every base every turn to find out when work was done

And that is exactly why it was added ... one less thing to micromanage [;)]

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:50 am
by 2ndACR
And I say thank you. Now give me a reinforcment notification and where they arrive at.[:D]

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:35 am
by Mr.Frag
And I say thank you. Now give me a reinforcment notification and where they arrive at.

Someone did suggest to just list the base that a unit arrived at to clue you in to look there and not spoil FoW too much. That was a great idea of how to handle it.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:21 am
by 2ndACR
I could live with that idea. Saves me the time of having to write down what units are due tomorrow and where.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:27 pm
by smallie1
Lets say I'm the Allies and I capture Saipan at a airfield 5. I get my engineers in there to upgrade the base to a level 7 so my B29s can do there stuff. as soon as it gets to be a 7 the Japanese know to start expecting raids the next turn. No recon, no mystery, they automatically just know it. This "fix" might save rolling over every port and airbase, but that does not argue the point of the fow being more than just a bit lifted. Seems that availability should not have been there in the first place. oh well, we go to war with the game we have.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:04 pm
by velkro
Methinks that's a ridiculous complaint. They just IMPROVED the management of this game and you are complaining about it.
If you want FOW just run the turn and don't read the ops report. Heck, don't even read the combat reports. Now that's truly FOW.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:24 pm
by tsimmonds
I get my engineers in there to upgrade the base to a level 7 so my B29s can do there stuff. as soon as it gets to be a 7 the Japanese know to start expecting raids the next turn. No recon, no mystery, they automatically just know it.

"Knowing" something is going to happen and being able to do anything about it are two completely unrelated things. If your opponent can somehow counter your B29 raids, he was going to be able to do so already, without needing to know the exact moment your airfield flipped. In any case, that you might capture Saipan and then bump the airfield to a 7, should come as a surprise to no one. Or any base, you have to count on your enemy doing the thing you would prefer he did not do, fixing the place up and using it against you. The only thing about that that could be surprising would be if it took more than just a few days.

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:29 pm
by Djordje
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
And I say thank you. Now give me a reinforcment notification and where they arrive at.

Someone did suggest to just list the base that a unit arrived at to clue you in to look there and not spoil FoW too much. That was a great idea of how to handle it.

Yes, I asked about 10 days ago if that would be possible, but haven't got the reply, so I thought nobody liked the idea. Glad I was wrong[8D]
"Ship arrived at Maizuru", "Ground unit arrived at Karachi" or "Air Group arrived at San Francisco" would not give up anything as we all know where most of the replacements come, but would help a lot locating those units when they show up...

RE: 1.4 Bug - AI's port/airfield expansions being listed

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:53 pm
by Mr.Frag
Yes, I asked about 10 days ago if that would be possible, but haven't got the reply, so I thought nobody liked the idea. Glad I was wrong
"Ship arrived at Maizuru", "Ground unit arrived at Karachi" or "Air Group arrived at San Francisco" would not give up anything as we all know where most of the replacements come, but would help a lot locating those units when they show up...

Not even sure I'd list the catagory, more like a "check Karachi for arrivals" in the ops report. Gives up very little info but helps ...