Page 1 of 1

bad Mega Camp CD?

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:01 am
by mao
due to an unfortunate having-to-reload-Windows incident :mad: I had to install my MC twice - and each time I get an error when trying to decompress \SND\stream\vid012.smk

I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a procedure to get a 'good' CD?

2. Can someone e-mail vid012.smk to me at steve-brown@bigfoot.com? If you do, please post something here so I don't get 20 of them :)

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:09 am
by MacCready
Hi,


Don'y worry about it,just use the ignore option if retry doesn't work.

I was upset at first to,but its just a japanese video file and doesn't affect the MC at all.
I think one of Matrix people said that it was going to be made availible for download or maybe the last patch included it?

I'm going to order a new MC cd as soon as they become availible again.

I want a perfect copy too
;)

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:37 am
by Latka
I was told to download the 5.0 to 5.3 patch series. That seems to have fixed anything that went wrong.

Andy

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:46 am
by Wild Bill
Yes, Latka, there is the missing video file in the updates. I forget which one, 5.2 or 5.3

But the game will play just as well as Mac has said...WB

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:02 am
by Supervisor
The automatic fix for the bad vid file is in the patch 5.01-5.2 upgrade.