Page 1 of 1
Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:22 pm
by sjadow
Once in a while I have trouble loading aircraft onto AKs ... I form the AK taskforce, select a destination and tell it to load the Troops Only (and then pick the airgroup). Most times it works, but occassionally the TF sails off empty. I'm sure I'm loading as described above ..
Any suggestions??
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:25 pm
by Bobthehatchit
ORIGINAL: sjadow
Once in a while I have trouble loading aircraft onto AKs ... I form the AK taskforce, select a destination and tell it to load the Troops Only (and then pick the airgroup). Most times it works, but occassionally the TF sails off empty. I'm sure I'm loading as described above ..
Any suggestions??
Had this happen a few times, usually when i am loading troops as well, so i tend to form a seperate tf to load the aircraft onto then combine it with the main tf containing supplies and or troops.
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:29 pm
by kokubokan25
I have the same problem, with ac and troops.
Seems to be relationed with reeplenish the ships before give the orders to units to load.
When give the load orders and AFTER reeplenish the ships seems prevent this problem. In some cases ...
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:56 pm
by mogami
Hi, AK load AC groups in a single instant but it takes all their OP so yes refueling before loading would pose a problem. Ships use OP to refuel but if they are out of OP they still refuel.
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:13 am
by ckk
If you replenish from port and it uses 1000 ops points on most ships wait a turn before trying to load either troops or planes or you couldd have tf's taking off with nothing loaded a little patience gives the game a chance to catch up[;)]
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:09 pm
by sjadow
aaah .. You're right!! Thanks !
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:20 pm
by Feinder
I think you also have to be at a Port(1) or larger. I just had a similar situation occur, where it was a AF(4) but Port(0). Said they were loading (I belive with full ops pts avail), but nothing loaded. Would make sense, loading aircraft over a beach seems "problematic" at best.
Not positive that it has to be at least a Port(1), but that was the conclusion I came to.
-F-
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:00 pm
by Graccus
Just noticed this today in the manual. Be sure to give the TF a Dest Hex prior to loading the AG. Otherwise it will load and unload at the same base.
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:37 pm
by BraveHome
Always a good idea to set the DO NOT UNLOAD flag if your load does not complete when order first given. [;)]
RE: Problem loading A/C onto Transports
Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 pm
by BraveHome
ORIGINAL: Feinder
I think you also have to be at a Port(1) or larger. I just had a similar situation occur, where it was a AF(4) but Port(0). Said they were loading (I belive with full ops pts avail), but nothing loaded. Would make sense, loading aircraft over a beach seems "problematic" at best.
Not positive that it has to be at least a Port(1), but that was the conclusion I came to.
-F-
The only statement I could find in the manual giving key info on aircraft transport as cargo was this:
"AK ships may only load one air group per ship, and this is an instantaneous occurance."
The manual also states that 0-size ports (or lack of port facility) will have an 'impact' on loading.
So, I presume that if the a/c does not load instantaneously, it won't help to leave the AK on LOADING status for that aircraft (other issues involved), as your empirical experience seems to indicate.