Page 1 of 1
SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:28 pm
by Vincent5
I am getting flicker when I run SPWaW.
I have a GeForce FX5700 LE graphics card.
Using XP.
NEC FP1375 21" monitor set at 120 refresh rate.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Vincent
RE: SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:02 pm
by RBWhite
Vincent5
Old game platform Verses New Machine.
Do you know what make your motherboard is and what chipset it uses.
ASUS boards with Intel chipsets seem to be the most affected in my opinon.
I and some others get what is being called the Blackout phenomenom. Can't play the game at all on my high end machine. Screen goes totally black.
Best played on an older machine.
No other fixes are being planned for SPWAW as far as I can tell.
Rick White
RE: SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:27 pm
by Voriax
Vincent, if you can check the refresh rate while playing SPWaW. My guess is its 60Hz. Win XP + older games + certain chipsets = refresh rates do not work well and default to 60Hz. There are various 3rd party fixes around..Nvrefreshtool is one, but there are others. A google search should yield additional info.
Voriax
RE: SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:31 pm
by Vincent5
Thanks for the quick reply....
Yes it is a new computer.
It has an Intel Desktop board D865PERL and uses an Intel 865 PE chipset. I guess that's it.
The game works fine on my older computer(3-4 years)
Vincent
RE: SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:28 am
by chief
Vincent set your monitors refresh rate to something thats not an harmonic of 60 hz, ie 85 hz or 100 if your monitor supports those options. 120 hz is beating with the lines frequency of 60 hz.
Just worth a try.
RE: SpWaw and flicker
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:03 pm
by Marc von Martial
NEC FP1375 21" monitor set at 120 refresh rate.
[X(][X(]
Why at 120hz, that´s insane [;)]. 85hz should be good enough 100 should be okay, everything above causes again eyestrain, just like below 85.
Nice screen btw
