Page 1 of 1

Spooky's site??

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:18 pm
by m10bob
Am I the only one having problems with Spooky's site??..The latest offerings are displaying as jibberish,and I believe it is at his end as all posted prior to 12/26(?) is still legible..
Is he O.K.?[&:]

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:38 pm
by captskillet
Just went there and it is displaying everything fine all the way back! [&:]

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:45 pm
by m10bob
I just checked Spooky's site again and all after 12/26 is apparently encoded different,as it is all showing as "jibberish" on this end.(All prior is still viewable..)
Have asked CptSkillet to check what encoding he is able to view it with..

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 pm
by dr. smith
what browser you using? you may want to update it, looks fine to me (Mozilla 1.7.3 and IE 6.0)

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:40 pm
by DrewMatrix
It looks fine to me too.

Maybe you are stuck with a dud copy in your computer memory and not loading the current page. Try going there and hitting "refresh" (F5)

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:16 pm
by Spooky
ORIGINAL: m10bob

Am I the only one having problems with Spooky's site??..The latest offerings are displaying as jibberish,and I believe it is at his end as all posted prior to 12/26(?) is still legible..
Is he O.K.?[&:]

Strange [&:] Could you please test with another browser or maybe empty your browser cache

TIA

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:51 pm
by Skander
I've heard a lot of mention of Spooky's site. Does anyone have the url?

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:53 pm
by tsimmonds
Post above yours, Spooky's sig is a link to his site.

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:30 pm
by m10bob
No doubt,it must be something at my end,but I don't know what it might be??..
I checked and after 12/23 postings on Spooky's site,everything appears to be encoded differently??!!
I have never had problems on that great site before,and I'm not new at cpu's either,but this is a "stumper"..
I tried the refresh and I even used Spooky's direct link..
I even used the "address change" info on the search..Keeps going to the correct site,but with same garbled results......
(I do read the last lines of the post,referring to the Tsunami disaster..)[&:]
Now the funny thing is,I used my Mozilla browser and IT reads all correctly!!!
(Oh,give me just one MORE reason to drop AOL like a hot potato!!!).....

RE: Spooky's site??

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:15 pm
by testarossa
ORIGINAL: m10bob
Oh,give me just one MORE reason to drop AOL like a hot potato!!!).....

They sent me 4 spam CDs in 2002. I still hate them for that.