Page 1 of 1

? about using Exit VOs in MC

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 5:23 pm
by dfsrusa
Wild Bill, or anyone who knows the answer,

I choose the supply depo destroying mission for my first Mega Campaign Battle.

I destroyed the train, blew the ammo dumps and Command Post, then hightailed it into the night, after taking moderate to heavy losses.

On the way out I made sure to pass over one of the two German Exit VO hexes. But I wasn't allowed to move off the map.

I got a draw and a tongue lashing.

Am I using the Exit VO hexes correctly?

How are you supposed to use them?

Thanks,

Scot Stephenson

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:11 pm
by Warrior
Place your units on the exit hex itself, and they will leave at the end of the turn. Same thing happens with retreat hexes, so be careful you don't leave any units on them... they will disappear. Exit hexes give points for each unit that goes out. Retreat hexes - the units are just gone. BIG difference.

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 6:36 pm
by dfsrusa
Thanks, no wonder I got a draw, half my force was sitting by the edge of the map just waitin, after having driven over the exit hex. I'll have to try that again.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2001 1:15 am
by Wild Bill
Well, you have the answer, Dfrusa. Sorry that was not clearer.

The exit hex will swallow them at turn's end.

Tongue lashing? There are a lot of those in MC :eek:

Wild Bill