Page 1 of 1
Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:02 pm
by Arkady
Hi,
I just found some mysterious kills scored by training airgroup...

G1/Kisarazu Daitai is from start of scenario #15 in Tokyo, few turns before I upgraded this Daitai to Bettys and after repair sent first Chutai as reinforcement to Singapore.
Today I check all second line groups (regular check each month - game date March 1st 1942) and noticed those kills by this unit. All pilots in Chutai have kill score 0. Third Chutai has some kills too. (First Chutai is already merged, destination group has no kills)
Arkady
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:13 pm
by Feinder
Well, the kills of pilots who are KIA or MIA do -not- show up on the top pilots list, if the pilot has 3 or fewer kills. So in that way, you could have the number of kills on the squadron panel (that you have displayed), not equal to the number of kills from the individual pilots (because they are dead, and don't show on the pilots roster), and/or not equal to the top pilots list (because they are dead with 3 or fewer kills).
However, since your illustration shows a Betty sqdn with 46 kills, there's probably a miscalculation somewhere. I'd be surprised if a Betty squadron ever got above 5 kills, but I suppose it -could- happen. I also notice that your Sqdn Ldr and exp is pretty good, so maybe.
I dunno. I really don't see a Betty sqdn getting 46 kills, so it's probably an "issue".
Or perhaps was it a Fighter sqdn that changed to bombers in an upgrade? (some of the UK and Dutch sqdns change plane types). In which case, you could see the disappearing kills I described earlier.
-F-
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:18 pm
by Arkady
ORIGINAL: Feinder
Well, the kills of pilots who are KIA or MIA do -not- show up on the top pilots list, if the pilot has 3 or fewer kills. So in that way, you could have the number of kills on the squadron panel (that you have displayed), not equal to the number of kills from the individual pilots (because they are dead, and don't show on the pilots roster), and/or not equal to the top pilots list (because they are dead with 3 or fewer kills).
However, since your illustration shows a Betty sqdn with 46 kills, there's probably a miscalculation somewhere. I'd be surprised if a Betty squadron ever got above 5 kills, but I suppose it -could- happen. I also notice that your Sqdn Ldr and exp is pretty good, so maybe.
I dunno. I really don't see a Betty sqdn getting 46 kills, so it's probably an "issue".
-F-
This is second line group, they are from december 7th 41 until march 1st 42 in Tokye and NEVER leave, they was never in combat...
...maybe I miss my oppponent's Doolittle raid
[:D] intercepted by Bettys on trainig mission [:D]
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:47 pm
by Feinder
A bunch of Bettys chasing down a bunch of B-25s. I'm sure -that- would have an amusing sight.
One last thot is that, WitP doesn't handle split formations very well. It has trouble with stats and TOEs for LCUs. It may have similar issues keeping track of stats for split airgroups (it looks like you have a 27 plane group split into 3x 9s).
Other than that, your "The Bettys somehow were flying a training mission when the Doolittle Raid flew by..." is as good an explanation as any (except that there were only 16(?) aircraft in the Doolittle Raid...
:^)
-F-
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:07 pm
by Mr.Frag
The group total is independant of the pilots as pilots come and go. Obviously something's glitched there. Got saves you can track back through to see where it happened?
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:28 pm
by BraveHome
ORIGINAL: Feinder
A bunch of Bettys chasing down a bunch of B-25s. I'm sure -that- would have an amusing sight.
The real funny thing was was they used their torpedoes to do it [:D]
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:11 am
by Arkady
ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
The group total is independant of the pilots as pilots come and go. Obviously something's glitched there. Got saves you can track back through to see where it happened?
I'm seeking through mailbox and checking previous turns to reproduce it.
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:58 am
by Arkady
mail to Mr.Frag with save just sent
...and for info, game was started with 1.3 patch, later upgraded to 1.4 by all four players
Arkady
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:30 pm
by Richelieu
Hi !
I just found the same bug on one of my training Betty group.
They have some reported kills, and I'am sure they never saw a battle...
As they are committed to recon fights, they could have shot down some US fighters,
but this daitai never took losses..
So the victorious pilots should still be inside the unit !
Furthermore, in 18 monthes of gameplay, I never saw a Betty shot down a plane,
even the units with 85+ experience.
To Feinder :
I thought that the Top pilots Roaster took track of 6+ victories pilots only.
In my roaster, all the repertoried KIA / MIA / WIA pilots have 6+ victories.
And of course, I am sure that I have lost a lot of pilots in the 3-5 victories range.
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:48 pm
by Feinder
To Feinder :
I thought that the Top pilots Roaster took track of 6+ victories pilots only.
In my roaster, all the repertoried KIA / MIA / WIA pilots have 6+ victories.
And of course, I am sure that I have lost a lot of pilots in the 3-5 victories range.
MIA/KIA pilots with 3+ or 5+ (or whatever). I could be wrong. Happens all the time, just ask my wife... [;)]
I can't recall off the top of my head exactly what the number is. It might very well be 6.
But also FYI also, the Top Pilot roster does track all (living) pilots with one or more kill. If all you pilots are showing 5 or more kills, can I have a few?
RE: Mysterious kills
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:40 am
by Richelieu
ORIGINAL: Feinder
MIA/KIA pilots with 3+ or 5+ (or whatever). I could be wrong. Happens all the time, just ask my wife... [;)]
I can't recall off the top of my head exactly what the number is. It might very well be 6.
But also FYI also, the Top Pilot roster does track all (living) pilots with one or more kill. If all you pilots are showing 5 or more kills, can I have a few?
No problem, I think that my english is worse than your memory [;)]
I have of course plenty of pilots with 1 to 5 victories in my roster, but neither of them as a statut mention.
On the other hand, a lot of my 6+ victories pilots are flagged with the KIA / MIA or WIA statut.
So I think the game only keep track of 6+ victories pilots (dead or wounded ones).
I don't know if a pilot with 5 or less victories can be "wounded" in battle
(meaning that he will come back in some turns)...