Page 1 of 2
Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:08 am
by Brady
???

RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:11 am
by Tankerace
King George V class battleships with all the added AAA, I'd wager its KGV herself after deployment to the Pacific in 1945.
Looks quite different than the first KGV class battleships (The ones built in 1912).
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:11 am
by afspret
RN King George V Battlewagon, although which one I don't know.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:47 am
by Tiornu
I believe DoY was like her two laters sisters in being completed with additional splinter protection that was installed after the 15in submarining shell hit PoW in Denmark Strait.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:42 am
by grossmetzger
a 1944 pic of hms anson?
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:03 am
by Tiornu
No, it is indeed DoY, August 1945.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:23 am
by grossmetzger
i thought they were camouflaged at the end of the war, and in 44 doy was member of the home-fleet.
my mistake...
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:03 am
by Tiornu
Unfortunately, I don't know diddly about camo.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:43 pm
by django
I guess it is "Howe"
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:58 pm
by Tankerace
In '42-early 45 they were camoed, but in deployment to the PTO they were painted like their US counterparts, usually battleship or haze grey and navy blue in a non camo pattern.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:29 pm
by Hornblower
Duke of York...@'45
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:17 am
by Brady
HMS Duke of York, it is:)
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:30 am
by Tankerace
That's it, shes the first boat going down when I get Silent Hunter III.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:39 am
by Tiornu
The KGVs had the shallowest TDS of any modern battleship.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:40 am
by Tankerace
Sweet, that means I won't have to use all 4 bow tubes.... well, maybe, my manual TDC is rusty.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:44 am
by Brady
Whats the ETA on Silient Hunter III anyway?
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:46 am
by Tankerace
It was Febuary 25th, but now its March 17th.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:47 am
by Radzy
Hope the campaign will be dynamic, like it was in good ol' Aces of The Deep or Silent Service 1&2 (war patrols etc.) . The way they did campaign in SH2 was a real crap, as I couldn't get further in the game without finishing mission when I had to shadow Allied convoy enroute to England, which I couldn't get past for unknown reason...
Regards,
Radzy
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:50 am
by Tankerace
Earlier last year they were gonna do a basic SH2 repeat campaign, and thanks to the lobbying of Subsim.com Ubi postponed it to create an entirely new, dynamic campaign. I hated SH2's campaign with a passion.
RE: Name This...(293)
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:59 am
by Odin
The campaign mode in SH2 was complete crap, like every campaign mode today in games.[:@]
I can not understand that since Falcon 4, which had a very good dynamical environment, these scripted-style missions began to take overhand. Look at Lock on, good game...but simply no motivation to play it longer.[:@]
From submarine games, the best one in my eyes was Silent Hunter 1.[&o]