Page 1 of 1

Video Files

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:04 pm
by mamnich24
Dear Guys,
I see video and music files play at campaign startups. Where are these video files (what folder) in the SPWAW directory? Are they the rec files? I can't open them.
If I do not have the SP3 cd, are there video files that play at the end of battles, etc./ Where are these?
Thanks,
Mike

Also, see next post.

RE: Video Files

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:04 pm
by mamnich24
Second Question:
When I try to click on the rec Real One recordings they won't play on my real one player. It says it needed to update settings so I did, but now it says it is unable to play the files.
How can I play the rec video files in the campaign folder outside of the game?
Thanks,
Mike

RE: Video Files

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:07 pm
by IBTyrone
ORIGINAL: mamnich

Dear Guys,
I see video and music files play at campaign startups. Where are these video files (what folder) in the SPWAW directory? Are they the rec files? I can't open them.
If I do not have the SP3 cd, are there video files that play at the end of battles, etc./ Where are these?
Thanks,
Mike

Also, see next post.

Hi Mike.

I'm no genius on these matters, but since no one else has weighed in, I'll offer some answers.

The video files are in smacker format and can be viewed using RAD video tools from RAD Game Tools (http://www.radgametools.com/). The .smk video files are located in the stream directory under the SND folder.

I don't know squat about SP3. [&:] Sorry, can't help you there.

RE: Video Files

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:09 pm
by IBTyrone
ORIGINAL: mamnich

Second Question:
When I try to click on the rec Real One recordings they won't play on my real one player. It says it needed to update settings so I did, but now it says it is unable to play the files.
How can I play the rec video files in the campaign folder outside of the game?
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike. The .rec files aren't Real One recordings. They are game recordings specific to SPWAW and as far as I know, can't be viewed outside the recording playback function within the game itself. Good questions.

RE: Video Files

Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:19 am
by Voriax
The movie files reside in \snd\stream subdirectory and they are smacker files. I think you can get a free smacker viewer if you do some googling..I used to have one but deleted it a while ago.

Voriax