Page 1 of 1
Changing the default settings in the battle screen
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 1:12 am
by Cicero
Is it possible to do this?
I would like to be presented with different default settings instead of Germany and USSR in June '41 (or whatever it is)
The war started in '39 didnt it?
...well it did in my part of the world

Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 3:35 am
by A_B
all the settings are changeable. for the year/month, click the little up/down arrowheads next to the year or month (these are old 'DOS' type arrowheads, quite different from the windows type icons you youngsters are used to). to change the country, click on the flag of the side you want to change, and then click one of the flags over on the left side of the screen - there are about 30 choices. You can also change the weather (1 through 6, 1 being sunny and 6 being thunderstorm), game length, etc.
Good luck
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2001 11:01 am
by Cicero
Originally posted by A_B:
all the settings are changeable. for the year/month, click the little up/down arrowheads next to the year or month (these are old 'DOS' type arrowheads,
No, I said default settings ...I know how to change them using the spinners I want to be presented with different dates, times, sides etc to begin with.
quite different from the windows type icons you youngsters are used to).
Good luck
Well I suppose I should be flattered at that. ButI am a long, long, long way from being a youngster. Thanks all the same granma.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 12:32 am
by Wild Bill
Nearly all the settings in the game can be changed to your liking, Cicero.
Specifically what is it you want to change? And are you speaking in terms of scenario design or scenario play?
Wild Bill
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 1:27 am
by A_B
Well I suppose I should be flattered at that. ButI am a long, long, long way from being a youngster. Thanks all the same granma.
granma? i'd make one ugly granma

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:00 am
by Cicero
Originally posted by Wild Bill:
Nearly all the settings in the game can be changed to your liking, Cicero.
Specifically what is it you want to change? And are you speaking in terms of scenario design or scenario play?
Wild Bill
I am not making myself clear here, sorry.
The default battle generator settings are playe 1 germany, player2 soviets date: June 41.
I want to know if there is a file I can edit (an ini file?) that will mean I am presented with different default settings to begin with, say Player 1 poland, player 2 Germany date: sept 39.
I know I can click the spinners and the flags to make the changes i want, but I want to be presented with different defaults to begin with...I hardly ever play the Germans!

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 3:13 pm
by Warrior
Originally posted by Cicero:
I would like to be presented with different default settings instead of Germany and USSR in June '41...
The default you are asking about cannot be changed by the player.
[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 5:38 pm
by Paul Vebber
Ah but you can!
There is a little file called GAME.ini and if you look at the values and experiment a bit with changing them you CAN change the defaults.
I don't have my secret decoder ring handy...but a little trial and error can get the nations
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 10:55 pm
by Cicero
Ahhh superb....not only can I can do what I wanted but I can also have some fun finding out how to do it...I will ask for more instructions if I get stuck....Thanks Paul
(and all the others who replied) :p
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2001 11:58 pm
by Cicero
Didnt take me long to get stuck did it?
Looks like it should be obvious but I couldnt get it to do what I wanted.
Whats the secret code Paul?...come on..you can tell me, I wont tell anyone else...it can be our secret.
was I looking in the right place?
# game.ini written by DLL config program
GAME_TYPE 0
SCENARIO_NUM 0
LOAD_NUM 0
NAME T2, German vs U.S.Ar, 6/44
CODE code: DDD 800 890170733
MONTH 9
YEAR 39
AUTOBUILD 1
AUTODEPLOY 1
SIDE1P 1
SIDE2P 1
SIDE1NATION 12
SIDE2NATION 11
BATTLE_TYPE 2
MAP_SIZE 0
TIME 5
WATER 0
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:28 am
by Paul Vebber
I dunno - I tried to edit and it didn;t work for me either...I thought it did...shows what I knwo sometimes...maybe Tom or Mike can shed some light on it...

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 12:55 am
by Cicero
Well thats a relief, I was starting to feel a bit dim!!
Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2001 4:41 am
by Warrior
Whew! Sorry to feel good about your failure, but I hate to give wrong info. However, I do hope you can make it do what you want.
[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]