Page 1 of 1
Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:59 pm
by Muletears
...mentioning this so soon after the release of El Saviour's excellent 'Seven Roads To Hell' scenario but...
I've just finished a small fictional map and scenario - Poles and Polder - which can be downloaded from:
here
It's a cosy little knife-fight between a gaggle of Polish Paras and a mish-mash of scratch German units. Bridges are at stake.
My first fumblings with the HTTR map and scenario editors so don't expect too much.
Muletears

RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:30 pm
by Arjuna
Map looks good. [:)] Are you you going to make it publicly available?
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:10 pm
by Muletears
Link a bit inconspicuous in my first post. The file is at:
http://home.clara.net/headcount/Poles.html
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:54 am
by Rooster
Looks great! Can't wait to try it... [8D]
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:12 am
by iaidoka
Just played it for a decisive victory (as Allies with supply favouring axis). I have it on realistic orders delay (still too much of a newbie to have painfully realistic[:)]).
It was fun - a good little 'mini-battle' to practice on.
I've only been playing for a couple of months and am still learning (never having played wargames before) so can't really say much in the way of an AAR. Lost the 2nd Polish Abn AT Trp and the A Sqn 15/19 Hussars. I did not really use the armour very well - still not quite sure how best to use tanks etc but I think I sent A Sqn straight into large numbers of infantry who promptly destroyed it. As you can see, I am yet to be comfortable with NATO symbols but hope to get there soon.
End screen shot was

RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:43 pm
by Muletears
Glad you enjoyed it iaidoka. It's a little tougher with the reinforcement options set to favour Axis (IIRC the gliders with the AT guns dont make it, and the paras have a longer tab to the bridges)
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:50 pm
by matkal1
Here is my aar map

RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:44 pm
by El Savior
Map looks really nice! Great that there are more people to make more scenarios for HTTR. Muletears, please send me email (or private message) and write a short description for this scenario. I can add it to my webpage for download.
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:06 pm
by Muletears
First off, grovelling apologies to El Savior for this extremely tardy reply. I've only just noticed your message and kind offer!
'Poles and Polder' has been 'pensioned-off' since I last wrote. On reflection, it really was rather amateurish and constrained. In its place now at:
http://home.clara.net/headcount/Poles.html
is a new fictional scenario called 'Make Haste'. This utilises a significantly expanded/tweaked version of the fictional Poles map in a much more interesting battle. Elements of the US 82nd are dug-in around a couple of critical bridges in the north of the map. Players are tasked with holding these positions while forging a linking corridor from the south.
Something to pass the time until CotA arrives. El Savior, if you enjoy it, feel free to host it. All feedback welcome.
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:46 am
by Sarge
Nice map and a fun scenario [;)]
Well done Muletears
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:59 am
by RayWolfe
ORIGINAL: Sarge
Nice map and a fun scenario [;)]
Well done Muletears
Looks great; congratulations. Unfortunatly as I'm a beta tester I'm not alowed the time to actually play your scenario otherwise Arjuna would fire me! PLEASE! [;)]
Ray
RE: Feel a bit shame-faced...
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:20 pm
by Arjuna
Lies Ray, lies.[;)]