Page 1 of 1
How About A Matrix Fan Convention?
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:11 am
by KG Erwin
This may be a pipe dream, but how about inviting the Matrix staff and the legion of fans to a Matrix face-to-face convention? How about Charleston, West Virginia? You can get the Civic Center at a reasonable rate. We're, frankly, dying to get ANYONE to use this facility, and I can use whatever connections I can to get us this venue. We also have convention rooms available at the Marriott. That may be better. Is this feasible? Spring 2002? Maybe sooner? C'mon, this could really work if you guys would support it. What do you think? I need
some ideas here to make this happen.
[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:18 am
by Drex
That's a ways for us West Coast guys. How about Colorado?
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:22 am
by KG Erwin
Drex, do you have a particular facility in mind? I'm open for suggestions. Don't forget that Matrix' office is in New York. Also, if Wild Bill actually works from his home, it's only an 10-12 hour drive from Georgia to West Virginia, IF you step on it. That's just my best guess. I would definitely want Bill to be here, so it's gotta be in the East. Wild Bill, if we arrange it, will you come?
[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: KG Erwin ]
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:23 am
by Warrior
I'll find a way to come, even if I have to pawn my wife's diamond... just don't tell her I said so!

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:41 am
by Drex
The bulk of the players are probably in the East anyway, but it would take at least a year to plan.
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:57 am
by David Heath
Hi Guys
Matrix is working on going to GenCon net month. Bill will be there and Tom Proudfoot also. Does anyone plan on going to this show.
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:59 am
by Wild Bill
KG, I'll be there, even if I have to thumb a ride!
I would love to see this happen. Perhaps a couple of regional, East Coast - West Coast. West Virginia would be ideal I feel for the east coast.
And for the West Coast, I'll grow a longer thumb.
I would not miss either one. That is a promise.
Wow! How great that would be! I hope we can do it.
Yep, GenCon bound, I hope!...Wild Bill
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 9:05 pm
by KG Erwin
Well, I'm encouraged by the enthusiasm. If anyone wants to volunteer to assist making this a reality, please let me know. Frankly, I've never done anything like this before. BTW, what's this GenCon thing all about, and where is it to be held?
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:14 am
by BlitzSS
…and I thought Wild Bill was banned from GenCon and Milwaukee…heard it was something about running over the mayor’s cat in a tank.
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:27 am
by DataKing
Originally posted by David Heath:
Hi Guys
Matrix is working on going to GenCon net month. Bill will be there and Tom Proudfoot also. Does anyone plan on going to this show.
Greetings and salutations,
I will definitely be going to GenCon this year. I am a big RPG player as well, and I only live a few hours away (Chicago).
I assume the Matrix guys are going to have a booth? If so, will you have the MCs available (if the 2nd is done by then, that is)?
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 2:29 am
by Resisti
Originally posted by KG Erwin:
BTW, what's this GenCon thing all about, and where is it to be held?
You may want to go and check [url="
http://www.militarygamer.net;"]
www.militarygamer.net[/url] ; on the home page there's a section on conventions, from where you can link to the official sites of most of them.
[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: Resisti ]