Page 1 of 1
Possible to run w/o the CD
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:21 pm
by eol
Thinking about purchasing this for but I have an ultralight laptop (one of those IBM X40's). Bought it for the weight and size and dragging around the base or an external CDROm defeats the point. Also not trying to virtual mount the cd. Is this runnable w/o the CD (if not, there a hack for it)
NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: It above not an option, it possible for me to purchase a specialized version?
RE: Possible to run w/o the CD
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:02 pm
by Coyote27
Yeah, it runs without the CD.
I'm not even sure where my CD is, anymore....
RE: Possible to run w/o the CD
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:01 am
by Owahay
I went to take my CD out the other day after playing for only 4 hours and 16 minutes, when I realized that it was not even in the tray. I have been playing on my laptop. I am impressed with how easy it is to learn the keys for the game. I hardly ever use my mouse. Also, it is easy to copy your squad file to another folder for safe keeping.
Now, if I could get my networking problem solved??? Different thread.

RE: Possible to run w/o the CD
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:05 pm
by Thorgrim
The unpatched game needs the CD. With patch 1.2.1 (not sure about 1.2) the CD is not necessary anymore. Protection was removed.