Page 1 of 1

6.1 Bug ?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 12:13 am
by gators
I was playing a random map as the Japanese vs. a US Army amphib assault. On op fire when units in the next hex were targeted the units fired on the farthest boat that was in range. I don't have a save. Any help?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 12:21 am
by Paul Vebber
What game mode were you in?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 12:25 am
by gators
I'm not sure of what you mean. I was playing solitaire. It was during the AI turn while op fire was cycling.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 1:53 am
by Paul Vebber
I no this has been seen in "timed" play" but not to my knowledge in "solitataire" play. It is generally casued by online latency corrupting data, though I suppose a HArd drive or memory error could cause the same thing, or some other program working in the background like an anitvirus utility or defragger?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:16 pm
by gators
So you think Norton is the culprit? Paul it wasn't a gamebreaker or anything. The reason I reported is that you seemed interested in having these things reported; as you fellows are always making improvements. I appreciate it. :cool:

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:28 pm
by Warrior
Originally posted by freyburg:
So you think Norton is the culprit?
I don't know about anyone else, but I won't let Norton on my computer. It gets into EVERYTHING, and for me caused more problems than it ever helped.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:25 pm
by Paul Vebber
We are working to tighten out the memory management - it couldjust be that the game for some reason lost track, but that is usually do ti windows (or a windows app - could SPWaW in some cases..don't know)) being sloppy with memory.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:46 pm
by rich12545
Originally posted by Warrior:


I don't know about anyone else, but I won't let Norton on my computer. It gets into EVERYTHING, and for me caused more problems than it ever helped.
I have Norton but won't let it run in the background. I like the different features and run them periiodically.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2001 9:11 pm
by deggo
Maybe it's what happens to me sometimes. I think I'm firing at a nearby unit that was previously targeted but it really targets a farther unit that has just moved.
This is usually caused by me not paying close enough attention. Also if I zoomed out to get a wider view it wouldn't happen as easily.