Page 1 of 1

Someone 'Splain Artillery Commands to Me

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:03 am
by Cpt. Canuck
Okay, I must be thick.

I have ALL my arty units set as Countery battery as a NATO player.

YET,

My command is being bombarded turn after turn after turn and not one counter battery fire!

Worse yet, my Arty seems to be firing at random spots on the map (likely late arriving arty due to command delay) which seems to be directed by my command because my Msg traffic is high (yellowish) which allows the WP to home in my command post?

This is frustrating.

RE: Someone 'Splain Artillery Commands to Me

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:08 am
by CapnDarwin
Cpt. Canuck,

Currently (he says hoping for a change), Counter battery fire only effects on board enemy arty. Off board for you and the enemy is free from retaliation. Depending on situation you are better off leaving a few units in CB to go after on board Arty and HQ's and put the rest to work hitting enemy concentrations. At the moment, the fact that the AI hunts HQ's allows my main forces to engage with limited interuption from raining arty. I also tend to keep my HQ on the move to minimize exposure and also limit message traffic too.

S!

Cap'n D

RE: Someone 'Splain Artillery Commands to Me

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:45 am
by Cpt. Canuck
Yup, I try to keep the HQ on the move, but they track them down and bomb em real good.

Found a bug?

Playing the Titans scenario, a rusky got near to my objective of Nordfort, and even tho I flew 'Copters on Assault over it, Assaulted it with a squadron of M1 and a platoon of bradleys was right beside it, nobody would shoot at it. I know it was there because my Arty hit it? anyone else seen this?