Page 1 of 1

Rev Six point what?

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 11:35 pm
by gmhammerhead
I am up to 6.0, so it says on the game, but have read that the latest rev is 6.1!

But the DL page shows no 6.1 DL only 6.0 and that is what I have. Am I missing something!

Again I am sorry to be using the formu for this but see my last post for reason.

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2001 11:40 pm
by Paul Vebber
You must have an old page cached, clear your cache and relaod - the latest is 6.1

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:13 am
by gmhammerhead
How do I clear my chashe?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 11:59 am
by Warrior
Originally posted by gmhammerhead:
How do I clear my chashe?
If you have Microsoft Internet Explorer: open Tools on your menu bar, then choose Internet Options. In the middle of the box that comes up you'll see Temporary Internet Files - click on Delete Files, then Apply, then OK.

But there's an easier way. When you get to the page you want (like the Matrix Download page), hit the Refresh button on the menu bar, and the page will reload without drawing it from the cache. (The cache is where pages are stored so they can be brought up quickly later, without reloading. That's all well and good, unless there has been a change on the page!)

I keep the Temporary Internet Files "Settings" on "Automatically," so every time I open a page it will fully reload. Check yours - it may say "Never," in which case once you've loaded a page, IE will never go back to check it, but always load the one it has stored.

If you don't have IE, it's almost certain your browser has some sort of "refresh" option you can use once you're at a page.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]